• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

ACA 2017

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
IMG_2111_zpsnnppsokd.jpg

JasonC

Members
Nice.. Just got back Sunday from doing a gig in Novi, MI. Actually stayed at the Sheraton they showed in their promo vid. Nice place! If I had any clue there were so many nice fish stores around there, I would have managed my down time better.. ha!

dogofwar

CCA Members
Insane Clown Posse concert?

Nice.. Just got back Sunday from doing a gig in Novi, MI. Actually stayed at the Sheraton they showed in their promo vid. Nice place! If I had any clue there were so many nice fish stores around there, I would have managed my down time better.. ha!

dogofwar

CCA Members
As soul-sucking as they often are, corporate events usually have a band or some kind of entertainment ;) Saw Hootie and the Blowfish a few years ago (and Bruno Mars last year) that way...

It's about an 8.5 hour drive.

Matt

Ha! I wish. Corporate Gig. Not fun... but thats why they call it "work".

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Darn that adds up fast
2 registrations
2 banquet
2 first side trip
2 second side trip
2 shirts.
Almost $400.00
Hmm would be cheaper to leave her home......
Oh wait, did actually type that on here. LOL

We always make these a vacation. We are leaving Saturday or Sunday.
Driving past Detroit up to the upper part of Michigan and site seeing first.

Or at least that's the plan so far.
Convention #43 here we come.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Cool
Michigan is a large state. We are going up near Mackinac island first for a couple days.
So we have over a 12 hour drive up, then back down to Detroit later in the week.

lkelly

Members
Funny-Detroit-Meme-9.jpg

In all seriousness, I'm sure it's lovely in the summertime. You should swing by Flint and meet up with some of the local hobbyists there. I hear their fish are terrified of water changes.

I envy your conference travel track record. I'm just lucky that I'm a few hours away from the BFD. Great speakers, well organized, and some great hobbyists!

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Funny-Detroit-Meme-9.jpg

In all seriousness, I'm sure it's lovely in the summertime. You should swing by Flint and meet up with some of the local hobbyists there. I hear their fish are terrified of water changes.

I envy your conference travel track record. I'm just lucky that I'm a few hours away from the BFD. Great speakers, well organized, and some great hobbyists!

LOL
Yeah, I am lucky. While the wife is not into fish, she does put up with them.
And most of the time the ACA is in a different part of the country so we make a week or so out of it. We explore the area if we have never been there.
Last year we had been to Cincy before so we explored areas on the way.
This time we will go up to the lakes and explore some.
I have hit 41 so far and she has been to 39 of them.
SO FAR. LOL
As far away as Sacramento CA and as close as Lancaster PA.
Yes I am closer to Lancaster than I am to the BFD.