• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Cory Fever

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
3 out of the 13 were duds. 1 still has yet to hatch but I can see him move inside the egg. Shouldn't be long now. If I get that one, I'll be 10/24 on this group. Much better than 4/24.

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
I have 10 surviving fry from the first two batches, rather pitiful, but I learned my lessons. Today I recovered 19 eggs, but I know at least two others got eaten, because they were obvious (front and center of the sponge filter) and then they were gone. So I would guess she laid another 22-24 eggs. This group is awesome! Hats off to WetSpot for some great cories!

I also need to thank Don, Matt C., Blaise, and everyone else helping me through this. I'm pumped to get back into cories on a hot streak!

Don, the group of Green Lasers you hooked me up with are much happier with more friends.

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
Keep it up, Cory. Like I said, I'm in for half a dozen.

Blaise

F5565F1B-0287-47B0-B969-30C0F640779B_zpseqno6k23.jpg

C444E146-8345-4F8A-9F1F-2F244243568A_zpsjdjo5sps.jpg

Blaise,

Be ready for them at the June meeting. The little buggers are growing fast.

Cory

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
C5FCB9E4-305E-492D-A17A-02DE9477E5E2_zpsxfmgyjgf.jpg

Moved the Duplicareus adults into the 30 gallon that I had cleared the plecos out of and within a week of feeding frozen, Voila! More eggs!

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
After pulling the eggs last night, it looks like I have about 40-50 eggs. I must have at least two females that laid. This was not the doing of a single female.

b considine

a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude
I think you've successfully cornered the duplicareus market around these parts, Cory. Those are some prolific fish.

Blaise

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
I've got about 30 wigglers in the breeder box. They seem to be doing well. I had a really nice hatch rate this time. I think it is due to me keeping the eggs we during the entire process. I had actually pulled the plant last time rather than removing them in water.

Hopefully this means I'll have more of these for sale soon!

Twitch

Hi everyone! Brand new to the forum. I realize this is a really old post, but I was looking into the CW111 Cory's after finding them available on an import list some friends of mine have. They are going to be bringing in a shipment soon and I was considering adding some to it. I was kinda taken back when I saw the price at 1000ea, but that appears it's somewhat in line with what they run....can anyone confirm the price or suggest other sources? I am super interested in getting a small group of these and attempting to breed them. Thanks and looking forward to responses and getting to know you all!

b considine

a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude
While I cannot suggest other sources, or whether the price quoted is realistic, I do recall this cory getting a mention in a recent issue of Amazonas as being very expensive. From what I recall, it's a species highly desired by Japanese collectors, who have essentially cornered the market, thus driving up the price.

They are groin-grabblingly cool looking though.

I'd recommend looking through the offerings on Aquabid, if you haven't already. There's always something outside the norm available there. And nothing that requires taking out a loan.

Blaise