• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

BFD Registration Desk Staffing

mchambers

Former CCA member
Here's a nice way you can help CCA with the BFD. We need folks to staff the registration desk, Friday evening, Saturday during the day, and Sunday morning. It's a fun job, because you get to meet lots of fish folks. If you're relatively new to the club, it's a great way to get to know folks. Also, usually a few other folks hang out around the desk, so there's a lot of good fish talk, too.

The desk will be open the following times:
Friday, March 10: 6-9 pm
Saturday, March 11, 9 am - 4 pm
Sunday, March 12, 10:15 am - 2 pm.

If you'd like to volunteer for a slot (2 hours is probably a good amount of time to staff the desk), please reply in this thread, and let us know when you can be there. Usually, we like to have two people staffing the registration desk at a time.

Matt C.

chriscoli

Administrator
Thank you both!

The more volunteers we have, the less any one person gets stuck sitting at the table all day.

It is a great place to get to know everyone and help people out.

Becca

Members
I can take 12-2 on Saturday.

I lied. I have a Rally Obedience class at 10:15 in Ellicott City that day. Only way I'll get there by 12 is if I bring the dog with me and I'm not sure how the hotel would feel about that.

Better make it 2-4 so I have time to drop her off and feed the baby.

I might be around a bit of Friday night, but it's really going to depend on how my hubby feels about getting stuck with the kids for so much of the weekend.

FishEggs

Well you have to sell it as some much needed quality bonding time with the children. Not getting stuck with them. It's an adventure. :)

FishEggs

I can help out in between talks and the Kids Tanks on Saturday to relieve anyone for a quick break and do Sunday.

FishEggs

My wife would kill me. lol Not this year. Maybe next year he'll be more interested in his own tank. Right now he is happy just to have His fish in my tanks. I do plan on helping out with the Give A Kid a Tank though.

dogofwar

CCA Members
My wife would kill me. lol Not this year. Maybe next year he'll be more interested in his own tank. Right now he is happy just to have His fish in my tanks. I do plan on helping out with the Give A Kid a Tank though.

Cool - he can help out the other kids (and you can help out the other Matt) :)

mchambers

Former CCA member
Here's where we stand, I think. We still need help Saturday morning and Sunday.

Registration Desk Coverage:

Friday (6-9 pm):
Abby (xny1989)
Mark Kaprow (MarkK)

Saturday (9 am to 4 pm):

12-2 Andrew (andrewtfw)
2-4: Becca

Caroline Eppler (carolineep) available?
Phill (jstlstn)
Matt Esterly (fisheggs)

Sunday (10:15 am to 2:15 pm):

????

If you can help, please post in this thread. It's an easy job, so easy I've done it without problem, and you do get to meet lots of nice people.

FishEggs

I'm on sunday but I'd like to be able to go into the marketplace for a bit too if someone would be so kind to give me a break.