• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

who I am. :-)

ksteelrobinson

CCA Members
Hello, I've been a lurker on the forum and Facebook pages for about a year or so but I just became a paying member a moment ago.

I came to the February meeting on Saturday and really enjoyed it so I decided to make it "official". :)

I've kept different kinds of Africans and also had a brackish tank (puffers, scats, mono's) in the late 80's and 90's. I got out of it after some bad experiences with the whole tank dying. Back then I could only ask someone in a fish store by describing the problem or get a book from the library to try to learn (I didn't really know much about the nitrogen cycle or beneficial bacteria). With the Internet now it's been great and I've learned so much more and decided to give it another try because with the knowledge I have now I can see the mistakes I've made in the past with the tanks and mixing the wrong fish, having too many fish, etc.

I currently have a 55 gallon with 3 Peacocks, a synodontis petricola, and one yellow lab. I moved last year to a bigger (and stronger) house so the first thing I did was go out and buy a 300 gallon acrylic aquarium. I've yet to set it up because I'm a little nervous about it to be honest. I still need to get a stand built for it which will hopefully be done very soon (by Spring/Early Summer). I bought two FX6's which will hopefully be okay to filter it. I've only ever had HOB filters in the past but I'm looking forward to adding more fish and enjoying the kickass-ness of it. :). Looking forward also to interacting and learning more from this group. Thanks for having me. --Kathy

KGrander

Members
You have joined a really great club. There are a lot of friendly, knowledgeable members that I have found are willing to talk and share what they know from all of their experience. I have learned a lot myself since I joined three years ago.
A 300 gallon acrylic tank! Wow! I have a 225 acrylic sitting on my patio that I still haven't setup with a stand as it will not fit where I had planned. (Not very good planning on my part).
Welcome!
Oh yeah, The Big Fish Deal is a can't miss event. Lots of fish, great people, interesting lectures, presentations and cool fish stuff everywhere.

ksteelrobinson

CCA Members
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Yes Kent, I know what you mean about the size. We had to cut a big hunk out of a wall to get it into the basement--it was too big to make the turn into the room in the basement where we wanted it. LOL. It's only drywall and mud I guess--It'll be easy to repair. Lord help me if I ever move again! :)

It'll be a peacock and hap tank I think and from the good stuff I saw Saturday at the auction, I think some of you will help me fill it! Can't wait. Thanks again.

Duane

CCA Members
Thanks! My name is Duane and I love the hobby I've had tanks for most my life now I have a 125g 100g 45g 30gbf and a 30g and two 10g

stany

CCA Members
Welcome. I too am new to the group. Two days ago I started what I hope to be a peaceful all Male 36 long tank. There are a ton of opinions on the internet on all aspects of cichlid keeping. Some good and some wrong. I have spent many months researching the stocking and set up for my tank. I went to the CCA February meeting and am convinced this group has the best real life experience to provide correct advice. Doing a 300 is an awesome palate to paint with cichlids.