• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

The Perfect Christmas Gift for Fish Lovers!

dogofwar

CCA Members
A membership to Capital Cichlid Association is the perfect gift for the fish lover in your life... or for yourself!

It's the gift that keeps on giving: an awesome speaker at our monthly meetings, auctions, our summer BBQ and winter holiday party, access to exclusive group buys and other deals, discounts at sponsor vendors and fish stores. And, of course, access to a community of experienced and helpful local fishkeepers.

All for less than the cost of a cup of coffee per month.

So if you have a friend who is into fish or if you appreciate CCA meetings, this forum, The Big Fish Deal and other CCA activities, join the club. It just takes a few moments:

https://www.capitalcichlids.org/forums/account/upgrades

Thanks,
Matt

dogofwar

CCA Members
Also the perfect New Years gift!

For the price of a couple of beers out on New Years Eve (or one of those fancy apple-tini's that Tony Tony drinks), you can become (or remain) a member of one our nation's largest and most active aquarium clubs.

We've got some exciting speakers, special events and other activities planned for 2017. If you enjoy being a part of the club, its forum and activities or just want to support our activities, please be a member.

Thanks,
Matt

FishEggs

We should start having the new members come up to the mic and introduce themselves.
Start with, Hi. I'm your name here and i'm addicted to fish. And then give a short bio so we can really get to know each other. o_O:D

rsanz

monster tank newbie
We should start having the new members come up to the mic and introduce themselves.
Start with, Hi. I'm your name here and i'm addicted to fish. And then give a short bio so we can really get to know each other. o_O:D
Agreed! That may break the ice to get some of the regulars to engage the new peeps. I can sympathize with Caroline. Even after being a member back in 2008, I was intimidated coming back to the club last year.

dogofwar

CCA Members
I think making people talk up front could be even more intimidating (or not, what do you think)?

We really want folks to come to meetings and become members. There's nothing to be scared about, of course, other than wanting to fill your dwelling with fish tanks :)

Agreed! That may break the ice to get some of the regulars to engage the new peeps. I can sympathize with Caroline. Even after being a member back in 2008, I was intimidated coming back to the club last year.

dogofwar

CCA Members
In all honesty, the January meeting is going to be a great 1st meeting for folks: We've got an awesome speaker (Jennifer Williams, aquascaper extraordinaire) speaking on a topic that has wide appeal and applicability (not only cichlid-keepers).

We're likely to have a great mini-auction, as we didn't have one in December (at the Holiday Party) and people have lots of BAP fish and stuff to clear out to make room for The Big Fish Deal...

We've got a great raffle for a Batfish Gift Card (just be a CCA member, show up and respond to this thread: https://www.capitalcichlids.org/for...-featuring-jen-williams-on-aquascaping.29172/

...and we might even have a couple of other cool things up our sleeve...

If you've been a forum / marketplace participant or lurker, come check out the meeting (Sat, Jan 14 at 2:00 PM at JFK HS in Silver Spring, MD). It's a great group and you'll find that there are lots of folks just like you!

Matt

FishEggs

I think making people talk up front could be even more intimidating (or not, what do you think)?

We really want folks to come to meetings and become members. There's nothing to be scared about, of course, other than wanting to fill your dwelling with fish tanks :)

Well I was mostly just joking and i don't think we should put a gun to their heads and MAKE them go up and talk :eek: but maybe we could offer an opportunity for anyone to introduce themselves. I've been going to meetings for about 2 years now and i still only know who a few people are.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Just wait until it expires and go to the "Join CCA" tab. Putting auto-renewal in place and making it simpler to track membership is something the CCA Board would like to tackle this year...

Matt

Speaking of which, how do I renew my membership for this year?