• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

The start of the fish room remodel.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Hey Pat is your drain system gravity fed? If so how much fall in each run of drain?

I made the side wall runs a little over 12' and it drops 2 inches.
On the 8 foot wall its only 1.5".
It looks like maybe I should have done a little more but my test with a hose worked.

Last edited:

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Okay so I have been buying a few tanks.
I have started drilling.
IMG_2486_zpstgsxpr2v.jpg

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I started out taping and spray painting the backs and bottoms of the tanks.
What a mess to do indoors.
I have switched to rolling it on.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I also started setting up some temp tanks on the right side to hold colored males so I will have something to sell for
The BFD.

IMG_2454_zpstnentxnn.jpg

These tanks will not be here when done, but I had to get something in the room.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
As for where the room stands right now, I have 3 55 gallon tanks drilled and filled. Two of them have fish.
The 20's above them are drilled and I need to add hoses for drains and then will fill.
The hose and new drill bit should be delivered today.
I have a few tanks to drill when the new bit gets here but I
really need to go buy some more tanks this weekend.
I still need 2 55gallon tanks but they are hard to find in my area.
I managed to get 3 last week near Christine.

I also need to buy a few more 10's for the first side. Once I get them up I will start on the right side.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
As I mentioned in the video last month, the air and drain system are up and running.
I have not finished the fresh water system yet. All of the lines and valves for the first 2 racks are up.
Once I get the tanks set up I will run the system to the outside of the room and then set up the filters and valves
so I can pump water in. For now I just want to get fish into the room.

Termato

Board of Directors
That's coming together nicely! I like the finish you put on the wood. Looks classy. And that piping is pretty well hidden with the paint too. Great ideas.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Not sure how much money I have spent to date.
I know I have done things that I really did not have to do like new sheetrock and can lights.
I also bought a new Linear pump from jehmco. My old one worked great but it was almost 10 years old and
it was running the temp housing on the other side of the basement. I needed something to run the fish room at the same time and did not
want to hear one of my blowers running.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
That's coming together nicely! I like the finish you put on the wood. Looks classy. And that piping is pretty well hidden with the paint too. Great ideas.
Thanks Victor. The painting of the pvc was a pain in the you know what. LOL It just added so much time to the
project. I would say it tripled the time I spent on pvc. At least. Plus it chips easy but once up it does its job which
is to be hidden.

cabinetmkr39

DavidG / CCA Member
Very nice job. Wow that's quite a drill press ! But like I said its easy to drill tanks .
Keep going your getting close tanks have water in them .