• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

The Keystone Clash Sept 2016

mrkillie

Members
Last chance to register at the early bird price. Deadline is midnight Monday, August 15. Mail in registrations must be postmarked August 15, or register on line at the website. Save $20 - register before midnight tomorrow!

Check out the Facebook page-especially the files! Lots of information is there. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1388547304496191/
Banquet menu, show rules, auction rules, registration forms, etc.

MHMoro

CCA Members
Plan to be there for the whole meeting. Was able to register before the deadline for the early bird price. Now I have to check the hotel.

Manuel

Great speakers and sat next to Rusty Wessel at the banquet. He invited me to visit his fish house when I go west. Bought two bags of his donation fish at the auction, super red Salvini from Rio Candelaria and Thorichthys maculapinis. Competition and bid price for rare donation fish are high, but glad to get them and hope to get some babies from them.

chriscoli

Administrator
Yep, ACLC took home the club award. I brought home the following awards for CCA:

1st place Mbuna class (Tropheops sp. Red Shoulder)
3rd place Central American Cichlids 6 in and under (Amatitlania siquia Rio Tempisque)
3rd place Tanganyikan Substrate Spawners (Neolamprologus pulcher)
3rd place All Other Fishes (green neon tetra)

1st, 2nd, 3rd, place Crafts (lampworked fish beads)
Best overall in the Aquatic Expressions Division

Allen and Karen took best of show for ACLC with their Lamprologus congoensis Malebo Pool. Really an amazing fish. I bought the winning congoensis and his girlfriend at the auction.

There were a lot of really fantastic fish at the show. Check out the Keystone Clash's facebook page to see some of the winners.

What I think is really awesome is that of the fish I list with my awards, above.....I acquired 3 of them as fry through our club's BAP program. It's nice to know that we've got people breeding really nice fish. I originally got the Tropheops from Shawn, the Daffodils from Mike and the Amatitlania from Dan (the young one).

I hope people attend next year too. Fish shows are a really unique way to see a variety of nice fish that you normally won't see in a store.