• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

How much would you charge?

F8LBITE

Members
There's a lady who wants me to maintain her what looks to be 130 gallon 6FT long tank. For the amount of fish she has I would say needs a water change twice a month. I will supply my python and dechlor as well as service her canister filter. What do you think I should charge?

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I've got no clue about what a company would charge for the service, but if she isn't far from your place, I'd say $50 a month would be fair. If you've got a pump to drain the tank and water pressure is good, you could be done in 30 minutes or less.

maddog10

Members
Figure out how long you think you will be over there, including driving, then come up with an hourly rate you are comfortable with. The only thing to watch it for is that once you start servicing it, you will be blamed for everything that goes wrong with the tank. Bulb burns out, your fault. Fish jumps out, your fault.

If you are cheap enough, you can come over and service mine :)

F8LBITE

Members
It's 18 miles each way or 30 mins. She told me what she was paying before and I told her I'd do it for the same price and come by twice a month. According to your rates I'm doing very good! :rolleyes:

Hawkman2000

Members
Why not do one for free, and then base your price one how long it took you to get there and how long it took you to do any cleaning/maintenance?