• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Crape Myrtle Bark in the Aquarium?

mchambers

Former CCA member
We have two crape myrtle trees that have peeling bark. Last night's storm left quite a bit of bark on the lawn.

Research suggests that it's not toxic, but I'm wondering if anyone has ever tried it in an aquarium.

mchambers

Former CCA member
I put some in a specimen box with a few red cherry shrimp. Will see what happens over the next few days.

mchambers

Former CCA member
After four days, the shrimp are fine and the water is slightly discolored. I'll be putting some in at least one tank.

mchambers

Former CCA member
I threw some fairly big pieces in several tanks yesterday. It's pretty attractive, if you like the natural look. So far, no sign of stress for the fish or shrimp.

Unless something bad happens, I probably won't update again.

mchambers

Former CCA member
Since you asked nicely:

0-EtPbJGxBzHeHQMagIccan9FbBo9Ax1GYow-gEABc2X5AdttQHyJ9zTcBDJq7z6JH7x1QLBhQmzGb32IW-m1py_RAmEVHhb7J2AXAHdDWTVM2I1nvF0HCXEeOpiSNYAcsOHoIsONPCx5GBoDZNdWNMRu9YWtzWhO53zA5B_qEM9__x89Y2oswZY6osuMil4YwIc7UtavU4-hvM-ZUGDAjpLwSJ_fDbSN84sQvD9Yuz7FzTrizU8tii5sBqSiP_6LZ_4uLMo2YXOQ321czq6qVm-FNorzKCIOxQK8O89VXx-hwxnwcIaCWBBD4GoPAxLUGvIjm6Q6oaGK_sld636q8ZgAlA_cABR3TyGLvMphbRxo9GYTOG9ZceJXsQFHERNp2NOwuzu9TjQib5R2lNyZuurr-i8etAOpFgSneWjc0Qg5Tocu6BE6MEuyxEf50-A6PCIzvpDOUicPnnmAAnoPm5I5hZPUeXjTdW4QHPWTT-BPnJ2FqVTDgdQ3WHpce16b50y1dOcqyYih8nBalmbHEUhipaGveKGY-k7SG73SMlqqwPW8pnUnhSt0uB6xicawvly-6wr7R6BAlfCKVctjCYDx6Kuqjg=w1239-h929-no

mchambers

Former CCA member
Strange. I now can't see it, either. I'm traveling, but will try another method when I'm back in DC this weekend.