• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

The start of the fish room remodel.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I have many excuses....
No work has been done.
I will probably do a little tomorrow morning before I head out to a cookout.

Started moving a few things today.
Damn this will take me a long time. LOL
IMG_2123_zpsbus6fgss.jpg
Hmmmm! Those racks(if you use them (permanently) look like they could hold 75's, I understand, at least up here in NJ, that some Petco store managers have the option and ability to authorize the 75 be included in the sale. There is one by me that does.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Yeah the local store hardly gets in any tanks for the sale.
Going back with wood. I really don't trust those racks for long. Lol. I like
Wood. Oh. Wait. Lol

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I may have to put some tanks outside. I really don't like that but run out of space to put the ones I've taken down.

image.jpeg

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Okay. I disassembled, and cut the 12' rack to 8'. Reassembled it and moved some more tanks today. Looks funny but made it out of leftovers. Then disassembled the next rack and reassembled in temp spot. The biggest problem is that the floors are not level. What stands up level in the fish room does not sit level in the temp space. Lol

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

maddog10

Members
New(ish) truck, remodel of the fishroom.....Pat are you having a midlife crisis?

Looks good. Green board and FRP sure would look good on those walls. Put a bead of silicon at the bottom and no need to worry about mold or water damage. It is money well spent. I may even have FRP glue and a roller laying around here.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
New(ish) truck, remodel of the fishroom.....Pat are you having a midlife crisis?

Looks good. Green board and FRP sure would look good on those walls. Put a bead of silicon at the bottom and no need to worry about mold or water damage. It is money well spent. I may even have FRP glue and a roller laying around here.

Lol. Yeah, new truck, new gun, new smoker, and new fish room. Cool few months. Lol

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
All fish are now out of the fish room. Air is set up in temp area and running sponges now.
Tomorrow I will take the last few empty tanks and will try to empty the room out.
Next will be taking the drywall down.
Oh what fun. Lol

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
image.jpegEverything out.
Sheetrock down. Now I need a dumpster. Lol.
The wall insulation is fine but I had only put r11 in the ceiling. Not sure if I should change it or not. I could go r30 but any loss goes into the house anyway so no real problem.