• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Introductions are in order i guess....

Hello all.

My name is John, and I have recently come back into the fold of Aquarium fish as a hobby. It has been decades since I last have taken care of any kind of animal, but I caught the bug again.

My GF wouldn't allow me to have "killer fish" in my tank. So eventually, my grand scheme was to get TWO tanks, one to maintain her feng shui, and one for my fish 'with personality'. I decided to start her tank off first, that way she can get acclimated to seeing fish other than goldfish, and then once I start to feel that she's okay with that, start mine. Starting her tank first also doubly served as a refresher into getting myself started. If I can make her tank work on a 30-gallon scale, than I can dust off my 55 gallon tank and start to put fish in it again.

So far, her tank has looked well. I got her into small Africans, but purchased from Petsmart, so their pH level is close to 7, and not higher like they 'should'. She is quite happy with the result. I am going to stick with this just to see if this works before I start a larger tank...

marge618

CCA member
Welcome to CCA. You're off to a good start. Your approach is quite original... Start with her tank first and make sure she is happy with it.

Larryfish

CCA Members
Hi my name is Larry, I have fish all my life. I started with African Cichlid 20 years ago and for the last 15 years I have been doing south and central america cichlid. Right now, I have some beautiful Red and Green mixed sook bay babies. It's about 2 inches and can't wait to see the color change.

Larryfish

CCA Members
Hi my name is Larry, I have fish all my life. I started with African Cichlid 20 years ago and for the last 15 years I have been doing south and central america cichlid. Right now, I have some beautiful Red and Green mixed sook bay babies. It's about 2 inches and can't wait to see the color change.

Larryfish

CCA Members
Here are the rest of my 13 fish tanks.
125 gal, 1 redtexas, 1 Jack dem, 3 red severums, 1 green severum, 1 turquoise severum, 2 polleni, 1 freddy,
75 gal, 2 red parrot, 2 polleni, 1 blue conv, 1 rusty red,
75 gal, 2 redtexas, vej
75 gal, full of green and red/orange mixed babies snook bay 2 to 3 inches
75 gal, rare red jew, blue texas,
55 gal, 2 beautiful green/carpintis (pearls for lip to tail
55 gal, Male freddy and jar
40L gal, F redtexas, F Taiwan good fortune flowerhorne, F short body green texas, F super red parrot
40 gal, redtexas
40 gal, very pink F conv with M super texas ( trying to breed them )
40 gal, F green snook and M yellow/red snook bay ( still waiting for the babies to change colors)
29 gal, 1 red pike
20 gal, golden flowerhorn

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
Larry, we are going to need some pics when you get around to it. Too many interesting fish not to see them!