• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Idea from AKA Convention to Encourage Early Registration

dogofwar

CCA Members
http://www.reef2rainforest.com/2016...rican-killifish-associations-2016-convention/

"The next day, May 28th, started with the fish sale. Entry to the fish sale room was based on the attendee’s registration number—the first to register gets #1 and last to register gets the final number. The drama, I learned, can run very high at this event.

There was a lot of excitement in front of the fish sale room in the morning. People, in groups of 10, were allowed only 5 minutes in the fish sale room. In the first round, every attendee was allowed to buy only one bag of either fish or eggs. When every attendee had been in the fish sale room once, a second round began. In the second round, attendees were allowed to buy two bags of fish or eggs. By the third round, all the desired killifish pairs were sold and the fishroom was opened for all."

I bet this gets people to register early!

Maybe we could do a simplified version - the first 25 to register (gold tickets) get to go in first and the 2nd 25 (silver tickets) get next. Then everyone else...

Matt

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Interesting idea, but I'm not sure it would have the intended results. We've tried to have staged entrance into the marketplace in the past, and all it really does is cause confusion and upset those who didn't understand the rules. I'm more inclined to do some other type of offer for full weekend registrants that benefits something only full registrations get.

Jt731

Members
If you want excitement just give everyone in line for Pat Kelly's table a board with a nail in it.

mrkillie

Members
http://www.reef2rainforest.com/2016...rican-killifish-associations-2016-convention/

"There was a lot of excitement in front of the fish sale room in the morning. People, in groups of 10, were allowed only 5 minutes in the fish sale room. In the first round, every attendee was allowed to buy only one bag of either fish or eggs. When every attendee had been in the fish sale room once, a second round began. "

I bet this gets people to register early!

You would think, but not really. Only a select few that absolutely know they will be able to make the convention at the time registration opens actually rush to register, maybe 10-15. Then they trickle in as usual.