• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Let's talk Fish guys!

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Let’s talk fish guys!

Hey, did you know that we’re hosting an American Cichlid Association Convention on July 21-24th?

ACA2011logo-1.png

In other words, it’s a very large fish convention for fish geeks like us!

Here is the Website for more info
http://www.ccadoesaca.com/

There will be Fish and Art Show…

12hShowRoom2.jpg

By the way, why don't you consider showing your Fish at the show. Sign up today! As a matter of fact we need more fish to show so register today.

12gShowRoom.jpg

There will be a kids fish tank decorating contest…

10-Essential-Pet-Supplies-for-Your-Fish-Tank_full_article_vertical.jpg

There will be Vendors…..

25-vii-10-aca-table-ii-s.jpg

There will be Speakers from around the World...

055f0631-1.jpg

There will be a Fish Auction…:eek:

1735708580_6d3f9c411e.jpg

4cac75a340f58.jpg

There will be tons of fish geeks…:D

IMG_5617.jpg

Did I mention a hospitality suite…

HospitalitySuite.jpg

All being held at the Crown Plaza Hotel in Down Town Silver Spring in the DC Metro Area...

20060716-160740-Crowne_Plaza_Exterior4web.gif

Hey did you know that the Capital Cichlid Association will be having its 10 year anniversary on July 22nd? You gotta be there...

50280_234436402882_3634561_n.jpg

If you haven’t signed up then you need to do so NOW! What are you waiting for?

Typically, these conventions are held out of state and now it’s in Down Town Silver Spring Maryland in the DC Metro Area. Do you know how much money you’re saving by not paying for airfare or rental cars to visit these conventions. It’s quite expensive and now it’s in our local area, so what are you waiting for???

Let me officially re-invite everyone again to a fabulous event that will change your life because if you haven’t been to a ACA Convention then you don’t know what you’re missing.

And if you want to volunteer to help our club make this party happen then God Bless your heart and send us an email or Pm or just show up and be a presence. We would love to have you!

Otherwise come out and have some fun. Bring the kids, bring the Grandparents, Bring the Wife even or vise versa…Dogonit, bring the whole family!!!
:lol:

And if you can't get out of the house for some sort of reason...
wanda_chair.jpg

Just let us know and we will do our best to come rescue you!:lol:

Hope to see you all there and I mean all our CCA Members and Soon to be Members. Or how about all the fish geeks from around the US and around the Globe, you're all more then Welcome to join us at the American Cichlid Association Convention, hosted by us the Capital Cichlid Association.

And if you've never heard of us, We Are the Best Cichlid Club in the Whole Entire World!!!

Cheers,

Richard M.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Well done, Richard!

How does one (or one's kid) sign up for the kids decorating contest? Are "Littelest Pet Shop" figurines allowable decorations?

Matt

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
The registration for this will be at the registration desk during the event.

One child per family. Max 20 kids.
We are not going to preregister. We want to make sure the people are there.

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Thank you Matt!

I had a few hours of down time at the hotel in Toronto and decided to send this out because it's JULY and we're getting closer to the date my brother.

RM

P.S. I think I passed the 2 word quota that Franny said I was doing...LOL!

fischfan13

Banned
Thank you Matt!

I had a few hours of down time at the hotel in Toronto and decided to send this out because it's JULY and we're getting closer to the date my brother.

RM

P.S. I think I passed the 2 word quota that Franny said I was doing...LOL!

Franny wasn't the only one.
GREAT work, you should stay out of the Country more often.

ps Only three grammatical errors.

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Lol I wouldn't talk if I were you Bill because you don't exactly have a grasp of the English language..."1,2, Tree." ;)

londonloco

Members
The registration for this will be at the registration desk during the event.

One child per family. Max 20 kids.
We are not going to preregister. We want to make sure the people are there.

Pat, whose going to tell kid #21 he/she can't be in the event? Maybe preregistration would be better....just saying....

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Hans is sponsoring this and its all his idea.
To help get the kids interested.
I think it's a great thing.

We are following his rules.
They will be posted.

The winner gets the tank to take home.

We want all of the people registered for the convention to have a shot at it.
Not just the people that see it on a forum or our web site.
The idea is to wait until most are there and the kids are there and then register. Afraid too many pre register and then not show up. We start the contest with 20 tanks, 20 pre registered and only 15 show up.
There are good points and bad points to any way you do it.
But like I said, Hans it trying to support the future of the hobby and its his baby.

We do have a good many kids registered from out of state.
Should be a good time no matter what.

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
I do hope we get a good amount of kids to sign up. That would be great!

Don't forget, 14 more days left to go...;)

I would be willing to "adopt" a child for a day(day of aquascaping contest only, not day of parents choosing for convenience) for registration purposes

dogofwar

CCA Members
Are there age categories?

Siena's aquascaping skills are well above the average 6-year-old's...but probably shy of the average 16 year-old's? ;)

Matt

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
All good questions, but I think Hans is running it so he should know. Unless Pat or John would like to chime in.

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Starting tomorrow 8 more days to the Big Event.

Counting the Days for the ACA Convention in our Nations Capital!