• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Hundreds of Free Tanks

JLW

CCA Members
Hey guys,

I'm getting rid of all the fish junk in the old Batfish Cave, as it looks like I may be moving at the end of the summer.... I have hundreds of tanks down there. They're mostly 10s, 15s, and 20s, but there are some 40s, 33s, and 55s mixed in -- as well as some large wet/dry filters. Mostly, they're glass.

My original plan had been to put 2-3 a month in each local club's auction until they're gone. Since we're not having meetings for the foreseeable future, that doesn't seem a great plan.

So, here's the deal: Come get them. Wear a mask, and just come and get the tanks. Not inviting people to come hang out.
You're welcome to anything inside the tank, including gravel, sponge filters, or decorations. However, if you want a tank, you gotta take whatever is in it. (I don't want people dumping gravel here). And, any tank you move has to either be put back neatly or taken (so if you want the tank at the bottom of a stack, I expect you to restack them back where they were when you're done).

Tanks are free, there's a lot of them. Some are drilled, some have bulkheads, some have patched drilled holes, some are in good shape, some are in "I'm just glad it holds water" shape (good for a fish room). There might be some lids, too, but I'm pretty clumsy.

No, I will not send you pictures.
No, I will not send you a list of them, if I wanted to count them I would do it here, for everyone.
No, I will not hold on to one for you.
Yes, I will post when all of a type are gone.

The tanks are free, on the condition that you are taking them to use them. If you're planning on selling them, or hoarding them (*cough* Luis *cough*), please don't. If you feel like taking some and paying for them, whatever you feel is fair is fine -- but zero is fine, too, I mostly want them gone. Donations of baked goods and/or -- no, actually just "and" -- alcohol are appreciated, too.

Also, if you come to look, you gotta take at least one tank with you. Feel free to donate it to Ruth Chris's via the front window. (KIDDING... mostly).

Not really on here enough to read responses, so please e-mail me:
BatfishAquatics@gmail.com.

Not regularly checking e-mail these days, so please be patient.
Fairly flexible on date and time, what with ... you know, not leaving.

bossanova

Members
Hey guys,

I'm getting rid of all the fish junk in the old Batfish Cave, as it looks like I may be moving at the end of the summer.... I have hundreds of tanks down there. They're mostly 10s, 15s, and 20s, but there are some 40s, 33s, and 55s mixed in -- as well as some large wet/dry filters. Mostly, they're glass.

My original plan had been to put 2-3 a month in each local club's auction until they're gone. Since we're not having meetings for the foreseeable future, that doesn't seem a great plan.

So, here's the deal: Come get them. Wear a mask, and just come and get the tanks. Not inviting people to come hang out.
You're welcome to anything inside the tank, including gravel, sponge filters, or decorations. However, if you want a tank, you gotta take whatever is in it. (I don't want people dumping gravel here). And, any tank you move has to either be put back neatly or taken (so if you want the tank at the bottom of a stack, I expect you to restack them back where they were when you're done).

Tanks are free, there's a lot of them. Some are drilled, some have bulkheads, some have patched drilled holes, some are in good shape, some are in "I'm just glad it holds water" shape (good for a fish room). There might be some lids, too, but I'm pretty clumsy.

No, I will not send you a list of them, if I wanted to count them I would do it here, for everyone.

The tanks are free, on the condition that you are taking them to use them. If you're planning on selling them, or hoarding them (*cough* Luis *cough*), please don't. If you feel like taking some and paying for them, whatever you feel is fair is fine -- but zero is fine, too, I mostly want them gone. Donations of baked goods and/or -- no, actually just "and" -- alcohol are appreciated, too.

Also, if you come to look, you gotta take at least one tank with you. Feel free to donate it to Ruth Chris's via the front window. (KIDDING... mostly).

I would... but can’t afford a divorce at this time 😂

Aquatica87Heaven

CCA Members
Hey guys,

Need address

Aquatica87Heaven

CCA Members
Hey guys,

I emailed you for address.