• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Andinoacara coerulopunctatus

Acara19

CCA Members
Should I get them?
Tuic has them, I feel like I should have them just to be able to breed and distribute since they are extremely hard to get, they look nice and all but I hear alot about how horrible they are with breeding (killing mates and not taking care of fry) and that somewhat discourages me. What do you guys think?

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Go for it! I just got some from TUIC yesterday. They are beyond rare... I've been looking for them for five years with no luck until now.

Keo

CCA Members
Go for it! I just got some from TUIC yesterday. They are beyond rare... I've been looking for them for five years with no luck until now.

Really? I've seen them being sold all over facebook starting with Max Cichlids since early 2019.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Really? I've seen them being sold all over facebook starting with Max Cichlids since early 2019.

I am. not familiar with Max cichlids. I have also heard of people selling pulcher as coeruleopunctatus, so I am not trusting of just anyone.

Keo

CCA Members
I am. not familiar with Max cichlids. I have also heard of people selling pulcher as coeruleopunctatus, so I am not trusting of just anyone.
I had tag you on Max post of the Andinoacara Coerulropunctatus. He’s a very reliable person who collects all his stock and produces F1s to sell

Acara19

CCA Members
I've seen the coerulopunctatus from Max, they're very nice. I have not found any pictures of the blue spangled rio lari's from tuic, but I imagine they look like the ones Max have, as they are almost rivulatus like in color.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I've seen the coerulopunctatus from Max, they're very nice. I have not found any pictures of the blue spangled rio lari's from tuic, but I imagine they look like the ones Max have, as they are almost rivulatus like in color.

The ones I have from TUIC are small and are not yet showing the color that those in Max's photos show. The location where they were collected are the same.

Acara19

CCA Members
Are the Rio laris the ones with the full pearling?
Screenshot_20200417-162635.png
I know Kevin is out of those but he does have Rio claros now.