• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

ISO: Oxolinic Acid

Becca

Members
Does anyone local have some they'd be willing to sell a bit of? I can paypal and do a porch pick-up to maintain social distance.

Becca

Members
Out of curiosity, what would one use oxolinix acid for?

A last ditch effort to treat something that pretty much every thing else has failed on. It's a really broad spectrum antibiotic/antiseptic and works on some other types of infections as well.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I got a 'prepper' email that recommended people buy fish antibiotics because it was the same as human antibiotics if people were having trouble getting needed meds. Amazing how many sectors this whole mess reaches into. I saw someone recommending coffee filters as an alternative to TP.

I was glad Jon asked though because I had never heard of oxolinic acid either.

Becca

Members
I got a 'prepper' email that recommended people buy fish antibiotics because it was the same as human antibiotics if people were having trouble getting needed meds. Amazing how many sectors this whole mess reaches into. I saw someone recommending coffee filters as an alternative to TP.

I was glad Jon asked though because I had never heard of oxolinic acid either.
It's mostly used by koi keepers and it's hard to find and pricey, particularly if you only need enough for aquarium sized bodies of water.