• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Best place to buy biohome Ultimate?

kevmo

CCA Members
update, this stuff is truly amazing!!!!!!!

i am running a fx6 and a fx4 for my 225, trays with nothing but ultimate and aftermarket foam filter (denser foam) along with 4 bags of purigen... what a breeze to clean now.... but makes both filters extremely heavy.

Becca

Members

i am running a fx6 and a fx4 for my 225, trays with nothing but ultimate and aftermarket foam filter (denser foam) along with 4 bags of purigen... what a breeze to clean now.... but makes both filters extremely heavy.
Aren't they already extremely heavy?

Wet Sleeves

CCA Members
Staff member

what type of foam are you running? Also was wondering if you could provide us the info for the vendor/US dealer you found

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I'm glad you are happy with the product, but I am still at a loss trying to figure out the added benefits for the additional cost. It seems to be 3x the cost of other commercially available bio media. Unless you could somehow use less of this to have the same effective surface area for the bacteria to colonize, it just seems like there would be better ways to spend the money.

kevmo

CCA Members
what type of foam are you running? Also was wondering if you could provide us the info for the vendor/US dealer you found

Foam

LTWHOME Fish Pong Foam Filter Sponge Set 17" X 11" Media (Pack of 3 Sets) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CGTTFXQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_elDmEbC7JHN1S

kevmo

CCA Members
I'm glad you are happy with the product, but I am still at a loss trying to figure out the added benefits for the additional cost. It seems to be 3x the cost of other commercially available bio media. Unless you could somehow use less of this to have the same effective surface area for the bacteria to colonize, it just seems like there would be better ways to spend the money.

For me since I was starting a new tank, I'm a buy once cry once kind of guy, it seems to have all the things that other media's have without their "drawbacks". I'm sure they all work fine, and depending on what you have already it might not be cost effective for one to buy this, I didn't think it was that bad honestly, 8kgs for 140 and I filled both fx4 and fx6 with enough to fill another fx4 and still have some left over