• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

FS - delivery to holiday party

Becca

Members
48" Current Satellite LED-$40

Tangerine Tiger shrimp - 6 for $35 or 10 for $50.

Caridina babaulti "zebra" - an easy Caridina. Males have zebra stripes and females are more solid with a stripe down the back - 6 for $25 or 12 for $40.

Plant grab bags - $10

Lagenandra meeboldi (1 plant available) - $10

Reverse trio of albino bristlenose- $1

6 x low-medium grade "Blue Bolt" shrimp - $50

Becca

Members
Bump. I'll drop the light to $35. Current lights are long-lasting and reliable. This one is pretty simple, but will grow some low light plants and the intensity of the blue/white LEDs is adjustable.

Becca

Members
Bump.

If anyone is wondering what a plant grab bag is - it's a small fish bag full of low-medium light easy plants. In season right now are a wide variety of crypts, a few different types of java fern, mosses, valisneria, sagittaria, and some stem plants. I pick what goes in the bag, but you get lots of plants to try out.

captmicha

Members
Are you keeping the blue bolts in RO? Trying to decide if I want to chance it in my well water. Could I know your parameters, please?

And I'd like a group of 6 zebra shrimp, please. I understand this is the current price. Any pics?

Becca

Members
Are you keeping the blue bolts in RO? Trying to decide if I want to chance it in my well water. Could I know your parameters, please?

And I'd like a group of 6 zebra shrimp, please. I understand this is the current price. Any pics?
I actually just shared some photos of the babaulti to the USA Freshwater Plants and Shrimp facebook page (I think you're a member).

So, the blue bolts... I keep them in rain water that I collect from our downspouts. I add Salty Bee shrimp salts (the Kh only one) to get the TDS to about 100ppm and the temperature stays below 77. If your parameters are close to that, they're just as easy as any other shrimp. They don't handle gh well and they don't handle prolonged temperatures above 76 degrees well (a couple of hours isn't going to hurt, but they can't stay at those temperatures). They do best with foods that do not contain animal protein - it's ok as an occasional treat, but not a good staple.

The good thing is that, kept properly, they don't require lots of water changes, just topoffs (rainwater) and an occasional 10-20% change. This means, even if my rain barrels freeze, I can get by on a couple 5 gallon jugs for the whole winter.

Freakgecko

Members
I have city water and the bolts are growing like weeds for me. Picked them up from Becca a few weeks back. They’ve all nearly doubled in size it seems

captmicha

Members
Yes, plus a few varieties of java fern.
The plants are for my rainbows and myrnae. The jerks will even eat java ferns. I'd like to get two bolbitis, two anubis, and do you have other crypts besides Wendtii and spiralis? Hopefully this isn't going to be a tasting menu for them...!

Also, do you have any riccia?

Becca

Members
The plants are for my rainbows and myrnae. The jerks will even eat java ferns. I'd like to get two bolbitis, two anubis, and do you have other crypts besides Wendtii and spiralis? Hopefully this isn't going to be a tasting menu for them...!

Also, do you have any riccia?

I have riccia. They might eat the crypts. I'll see what I've got whenever you can make it out here. I've got a few other types of crypt, but what's available always depends on what needs to be thinned/cut back.