• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Free: Assassin snails

IndianaSam

CCA Members
I have too many at this point from a founder population of 3 snails. Frankly, I wish I’d had never bought them.

Let me know how many you want and I’ll deliver them to the meeting on Saturday. Bonus points if you’re going to feed them to your fish.

razor1914

Members
I have too many at this point from a founder population of 3 snails. Frankly, I wish I’d had never bought them.

Let me know how many you want and I’ll deliver them to the meeting on Saturday. Bonus points if you’re going to feed them to your fish.
I’ll take twelve please ... thank you in advance

IndianaSam

CCA Members
do these kill bigger nerites? if not, i'd take 5
No idea. I've read that they will kill nerites if given half a chance, but I don't keep nerites so I don't have the first-hand experience.

Personally, I wouldn't take the chance if you really like your nerites.

Last edited:

bossanova

Members
No idea. I've read that they will kill nerites if given half a chance, but I don't keep nerites so I don't have the first-hand experience.

Personally, I wouldn't take the chance if you really like your nerites.
meh, i'd still take a couple! Thanks!

IndianaSam

CCA Members
I’m going to say that we’ve hit the limit of snails that I can bring in.

If there are any extras, I’ll just donate them to the club.

Becca

Members
They will kill nerites and they will eat cherry shrimp if (it's a big if) they can catch them. I've never seen them substantially impact a population.

Sam, if you have others you'd like to be rid of, I'll take them for my potato puffer.

IndianaSam

CCA Members
They will kill nerites and they will eat cherry shrimp if (it's a big if) they can catch them. I've never seen them substantially impact a population.

Sam, if you have others you'd like to be rid of, I'll take them for my potato puffer.
You bet. Glad to hear they'll be fish food!