• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

SEPTEMBER MEETING

Leffler817

CCA Members
Saturday, SEPTEMBER 8, 2018 the Capital Cichlid Association hosts:

Barbie Fiorentino will be speaking on “Breeding Loricariids”.

Hailing from Spokane, Washington, Barbie is the proprietor of Aquarium Solutions pet store, and also moderates several online forums under the name “Pleco Barbie.” She currently maintains about 1600 gallons of water in 28 tanks in her home, with about 2800 gallons in the store. In addition to Loricariidae catfish, she keeps Tanganyikan cichlids, planted tanks, a few reef tanks, and assorted oddball fish. This meeting will be a fantastic precursor to the Catfish Convention in October.

John F. Kennedy High School
1901 Randolph Road
Silver Spring, MD 20902

Doors open at 1 PM; meeting starts at 2pm.

View attachment 19827

mchambers

Former CCA member
Saturday, SEPTEMBER 8, 2018 the Capital Cichlid Association hosts:

Barbie Fiorentino will be speaking on “Breeding Loricariids”.

Hailing from Spokane, Washington, Barbie is the proprietor of Aquarium Solutions pet store, and also moderates several online forums under the name “Pleco Barbie.” She currently maintains about 1600 gallons of water in 28 tanks in her home, with about 2800 gallons in the store. In addition to Loricariidae catfish, she keeps Tanganyikan cichlids, planted tanks, a few reef tanks, and assorted oddball fish. This meeting will be a fantastic precursor to the Catfish Convention in October.

John F. Kennedy High School
1901 Randolph Road
Silver Spring, MD 20902

Doors open at 1 PM; meeting starts at 2pm.

View attachment 19827
What’s the attachment, Shawn?

Leffler817

CCA Members
UPDATE!!!

Barbie requested to change her talk. On Saturday Barbie will share her expertise on Nutrition and Husbandry of Loricariids.

Barbie.jpeg

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I wanted to make this one but my plumber wanted to come over and finish hooking my water up today.

bossanova

Members
Wow! That was a great talk by Barbie. She knows her stuff, is well-organized, and entertaining. Thanks to Shawn for booking her.

Good raffle and auction, too. (The auctioneer was weak, but what can you do?)
Thanks all! Who do I thank specifically for the enormous amazon sword and the finnex light??

chriscoli

Administrator
Matt, you did a great job auctioneering, thank you! PVAS has been giving people the opportunity to step up and try out auctioneering for a few minutes at a time during their auctions. I think this is a great idea and something we should do too.

mchambers

Former CCA member
Matt, you did a great job auctioneering, thank you! PVAS has been giving people the opportunity to step up and try out auctioneering for a few minutes at a time during their auctions. I think this is a great idea and something we should do too.
Aw, shucks, thanks! I've been thinking I should do it at PVAS at some point.