• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Salvinia for free

zendog

The Salvinia in my 40B is overgrown and instead of dumping it in the compost later this week, I can bring some for free for any members who would like some and are going to the picnic/BBQ. I should have 3-4 portions.

There is probably some duckweed in with it, although it actually overwhelms duckweed pretty well in my tanks. And I definitely can't promise it is snail (or snail egg) free.

If that doesn't scare you off, just reply here if you are interested.

zendog

No interest? Looks like these are headed to the compost.

My pencil fish and killifish particularly enjoy picking at stuff between the roots, as well as the patches of shade.

Becca

Members
If I didn't have a bunch already... It does make a good competitor for duckweed and is much easier to clear than duckweed is. I find it useful in shrimp tanks, as well as tanks with egg-scattering cory cats (like pygmaeus).

FishEggs

I already have red root floater, frog bit and duckweed to deal with. How long do the roots grow?

zendog

A month later, and I have too much Salvinia again. I'll be at the meeting on Saturday if anyone wants some. I probably have enough for 3-4 good sized portions.

Becca

Members
A month later, and I have too much Salvinia again. I'll be at the meeting on Saturday if anyone wants some. I probably have enough for 3-4 good sized portions.

If no one does want it, you could always bag it up and donate it to the auction :).