• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

FS: Valisneria, other plants, fish, equipment

Becca

Members
$1 per plant or 6 plants for $5. Plants range in length from 12" to 4 FEET. These are grown in a 210 gallon tank with moderate lighting and will grow in almost any tank, provided the fish aren't eating them. They make a great plant for Discus tanks because of how the fish like to weave in and out of them.

I also have a variety of Cryptocorne species for $3-4/plant. Other low light plants available (anubias, java fern, mosses, bucephalandra - please PM to inquire).

I tend to advise coming by so you can see the plants and choose them based on what they look like once they're established.

Pickup in Damascus, MD is preferred. I do tentatively plan to be at the BBQ and can deliver items there.

I also have some home-grown fish available:

Cherry barbs - $2.50 each or 5 for $10.
White Cloud Mountain Minnows - $2 each or 6 for $10
Corydoras venezuelanus - $6 each
Black emperor tetras - $4 each
Brown bristlenose plecos (sub-adult) - $4
Malawa shrimp - $2 each
Crystal red/black shrimp - $5 each
Red cherry shrimp - $2 each

Equipment:

2x Fluval U4 internal filters - $30 each

If other items become available, I'll update this post.

DrEgg

Chairpersons
Staff member
$1 per plant or 6 plants for $5. Plants range in length from 12" to 4 FEET. These are grown in a 210 gallon tank with moderate lighting and will grow in almost any tank, provided the fish aren't eating them. They make a great plant for Discus tanks because of how the fish like to weave in and out of them.

I also have a variety of Cryptocorne species for $3-4/plant. Other low light plants available (anubias, java fern, mosses, bucephalandra - please PM to inquire).

I tend to advise coming by so you can see the plants and choose them based on what they look like once they're established.

Pickup in Damascus, MD is preferred. I do tentatively plan to be at the BBQ and can deliver items there.

Cherry barbs - $2.50 each or 5 for $10.
White Cloud Mountain Minnows - $2 each or 6 for $10
Corydoras venezuelanus - $6 each
Black emperor tetras - $4 each
Brown bristlenose plecos (sub-adult) - $4
Malawa shrimp - $2 each
Crystal red/black shrimp - $5 each
Red cherry shrimp - $2 each

Equipment:

2x Fluval U4 internal filters - $30 each

If other items become available, I'll update this post.

I am interested in the red cherry schrimp. Can I get 10?

Becca

Members
What, you guys didn't find my terrifically out-of-focus photos enticing? Just wait 'til you see what happens when I bust out the Digital SLR and put it on "Full Manual."

FishEggs

You can put it on super long shutter speed and pan across the tank to get all the plants in one picture.o_O

Becca

Members
Bump. Price drop on the vals - 2 for $1.These do great in tall tanks and pretty much all lighting conditions. Discus LOVE them.

Becca

Members
Could I trade you a few vals for whatever you want from the box of filters, decorations, etc. ? :)

Yessir!

If you have a decent HOB filter (AC/Fluvals are always my favorite) in there that'd fit a 10 gallon, could you set it aside?

Becca

Members
Add to this-
Group of 5 Creniacara puntulatum. Relatively rare S. American that changes sex. Adult size and showing spawning activity- $75

Spawning trio of Dicrossus maculatus MFF. These guys spawn with some regularity but I haven't the time to pull and raise the fry- $100

33 long with glass lids, back painted black (only if D. Mac's sell) - $80 (or will trade for $65 plus a 10 gallon with glass lids).

2 Red Lizard Loricaria, robust adults - $20 each

Becca

Members
Plants:
  • Variety of Cryptocorne species for $3-4/plant (wendtii, ponterderfolia, etc.).
  • Java fern - $5 for a sandwich bag of narrow leaf or standard, Trident and windelov priced per piece.
  • Valisneria - 2 plants for $1
  • Saggitarria (shorter, grows to about 6" tall) - $1 per plant
  • Mosses - $5 for a 1/2 cup portion
* I tend to advise coming by so you can see the plants and choose them based on what they look like once they're established.*

• Cherry barbs - $2.50 each or 5 for $10.
  • White Cloud Mountain Minnows - $2 each or 6 for $10
  • Corydoras venezuelanus - $6 each
  • Black emperor tetras - $4 each
  • Brown bristlenose plecos (sub-adult) - $4
  • Group of 5 Creniacara puntulatum. Relatively rare S. American that changes sex. Adult size and showing spawning activity- $75
  • Spawning trio of Dicrossus maculatus MFF. These guys spawn with some regularity but I haven't the time to pull and raise the fry- $100
  • 2 Red Lizard Loricaria, robust adults - $20 each
  • Sub adult L183, 3" ish, $45
  • Malawa shrimp - $2 each
  • Crystal red/black shrimp - $5 each
  • Red cherry shrimp - $2 each
  • Red rili shrimp - $3
  • Tangtai shrimp juvies - $6
  • Wine-red and white caridina shrimp - $8 each
  • Painted fire-red cherry shrimp - $6 each.
Equipment:
  • 2x Fluval U4 internal filters - $30 each
  • 33 long with glass lids, back painted black (only if D. Mac's sell) - $80 (or will trade for $65 plus a 10 gallon with glass lids).

Pickup in Damascus, MD is preferred. I do tentatively plan to be at the BBQ and can deliver smaller items there.