• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Looking forward to the growout!!!

McGrubble

Members
Almost 2 years ago my friend, dankdabe, introduced me to the hobby, and I've slowly but surely become obsessed since. I currently have two dwarf cichlid based community tanks (and a third on the way). However, after seeing my roommate purchase a betta recently, I decided it was time to venture into the world of single fish tanks. After doing my 'due diligence' on keeping and maintaing betta tanks, I pulled the trigger on a decently sized bowl for my bedside table. I filled it with a few plants from the other tanks as a starter with 5lbs of Eco-Complete. Since I plan on making this heavily planted, I think a visit to House of Tropicals is in the near future. I'll keep y'all updated on the tank as it progresses.

McGrubble

Members
If you want "heavily planted", you should check out GWAPA.

Blaise

Thanks for the tip! I'm not a member of GWAPA, but I often scan the forums for ideas.

The betta just came in the mail today and seems to really enjoy the tank, so far. The picture really doesnt do him justice. He has a much more vibrant, brighter red than the picture suggests. When his fins are fully spread, you can see streaks of white and blue.