• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Green Terror

Dawn Walters

CCA Members
Hello Jon & Jim. Nice to meet you. Thank you for your help. I appreciate it. Would the Green Terror like a tank with a nice piece of driftwood , couple of rocks, & plastic plant's?

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Hello Jon & Jim. Nice to meet you. Thank you for your help. I appreciate it. Would the Green Terror like a tank with a nice piece of driftwood , couple of rocks, & plastic plant's?
That sounds like a good way to scape the tank. Most cichlids will appreciate some places to take refuge in a tank.

Jim Anderson

CCA Members
GM, what size GT will you be getting? The GT at full size will need descent size dither fish- maybe a few clown loaches or silver dollars. There are also some other types of barbs that could work( you can google barbs and research them).

Dawn Walters

CCA Members
Hello. I treated him with the API General Cure. He did eat some blood worms. He looks great and swims all over the tank. He still has some whitish clear poop. Does it take a while till the poop is a normal color or is it something else?

Jim Anderson

CCA Members
Hi, great to hear. It might take a couple of treatments, follow the treatment directions. You can google to get more info about the treatments and possible length of infection. If he is swimming a lot with lots of energy that is a good sign he is feeling better. Also if he is eating well it’s a good sign.

Jim Anderson

CCA Members
Good Evening Dawn,
I believe the amount of treatments/ time frame depends on the way the fish acts. Make sure you are checking your water parameters also. It does not hurt to wait a week and see how the fish acts and eats checking to see the poop coloration or if your gut feeling is the fish still might not be fully cured and do another treatment- just make sure you follow the directions strictly- remove carbon and do the suggested water changes. The major key is early detection and treatment. The club members have a wealth of knowledge and others may provide their suggestions. Good luck.

Dawn Walters

CCA Members
Good evening Jim. I do weekly water changes and test the water. I will monitor him closely and do what I think is best for him. Thanks again for your help. I appreciate it.