• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Free fish and very large Amazon Sword

IndianaSam

CCA Members
Hi all,

I'm moving on from the aquarium hobby right now and I'm looking to empty my tanks of fish prior to tearing them down. To that end, I have the following list of fish to give away. Pictures are at the end of the post.

10-12 (breeding group) of Keyhole cichlids (Cleithracara maronii). These are great fish, but pretty shy. I'd prefer to give these away to a CCA member who is prepared to take good care of them given their shyness. I picked up the original 5 fish about 4 years ago and there have been numerous spawns. Some of the fry had been given away over the years and some remained to grow the original group. Comes with 2 or 3 5-gallon buckets.

1 juvenile Ram (Mikrogeophagus ramirezi) born and bred in Rockville, MD. I gave away the rest of the group of fry, but this one somehow escaped and is living by him/her-self in a 10g at 85F and happily eating flake food.

About 15 Buenos Aires tetra (Psalidodon anisitsi). This great group of fish were in my 135G with the Keyholes. I've read that they can nip at plants, but haven't observed that personally. They absolutely eat duckweed, though. I'll send these along with a 5-gallon bucket.

1 large Amazon Sword from my 135G. Picked this up about 5 years ago and it's gotten to a pretty good size.

1712427952849.jpegIMG_2373.jpeg

IMG_2378.jpegIMG_2379.jpeg

dogofwar

CCA Members
Are the BA Tetras still available?

Hi all,

I'm moving on from the aquarium hobby right now and I'm looking to empty my tanks of fish prior to tearing them down. To that end, I have the following list of fish to give away. Pictures are at the end of the post.

10-12 (breeding group) of Keyhole cichlids (Cleithracara maronii). These are great fish, but pretty shy. I'd prefer to give these away to a CCA member who is prepared to take good care of them given their shyness. I picked up the original 5 fish about 4 years ago and there have been numerous spawns. Some of the fry had been given away over the years and some remained to grow the original group. Comes with 2 or 3 5-gallon buckets.

1 juvenile Ram (Mikrogeophagus ramirezi) born and bred in Rockville, MD. I gave away the rest of the group of fry, but this one somehow escaped and is living by him/her-self in a 10g at 85F and happily eating flake food.

About 15 Buenos Aires tetra (Psalidodon anisitsi). This great group of fish were in my 135G with the Keyholes. I've read that they can nip at plants, but haven't observed that personally. They absolutely eat duckweed, though. I'll send these along with a 5-gallon bucket.

1 large Amazon Sword from my 135G. Picked this up about 5 years ago and it's gotten to a pretty good size.

View attachment 28163View attachment 28164

View attachment 28165View attachment 28166

wmarin

Members
Hi all,

View attachment 28163View attachment 28164

View attachment 28165View attachment 28166I can take the ram if he’s/ she still available .

PatentGuy

German Ram too if still available. I can take the whole group of keyholes. My severum died recently due to a heater mishap. Would like a replacement and this seems perfect.