• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

End of Summer Tubbing 2022

AquaStudent

Members
I picked up a 150 Gallon tub earlier this summer after attending the PVAS meeting with Ted Coletti. I moved out the inhabitants from my 150 oceanic a few months ago to try it out. My backyard is well shaded but I was still concerned about the heat. I placed the tub next to my shed and under a deck so it only received indirect sunlight. The temperature got up into the 80s but stayed at a reasonable level and thankfully I didn't have any issues with a lack of dissolvedoxygen.

The inhabitants were a few new world cichlids including a trio of maskaheros Argentus, a couple of chocolate cichlids, and a few Honduran red points. The fish did well and grew a couple inches (for those that weren't fully grown yet).

Their colors also look sharp and I'm excited to get them acclimated back to the tank and under the LEDs. Updates to come tonight!

1663523014941715308901525976829.jpg

AquaStudent

Members
Everybody has done well through the acclimation process. It's fantastic to see their colors again and to be able to see them from the side!

I suspect the aggression will pick up a bit for the next few days but hopefully can manage the new hierarchy... I'm just glad they aren't Mbuna!

16635506533987408488173582835663.jpg

1663550684218636010718257080286.jpg

AquaStudent

Members
They look great, looks like your GSHP is excited to see them as well!
Very much so! She was a little too excited! I had to put the buckets of fish at higher elevation. She even knocked over one of the buckets in her search... thankfully before it had any fish

AquaStudent

Members
I completely forgot to write the results. We thankfully didn't have any poachers from birds...or dogs. The fish came out with a bit more bulk on them. Their colors were also striking. I wish I had taken a photo back when I drained the tub a few months ago.

For anybody looking to give it a try, I highly recommend it. The airstone did well with the larger fish in this case. The tub was mostly shade though and didn't get much above the upper 80s