• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

CCAFFL CHANGES !!!

mrkillie

Members
I have had some requests to make some changes to the league settings. I have considered the requests and have made the following changes:

1) Request to increase number of moves allowed - I have increased the number of moves allowed from 17 to 25.

2) Request to change settings to allow waiver of higher draft picks - Yahoo leagues have a prevention measure in place to keep players from getting fed up with their team and dumping players to shake up the rest of the league. You can not waive highly rated players. Unfortunately, I can not change or alter this. I have, however, extended the trade deadline until November 27, this will allow teams with an excess at certain positions a chance to trade those players later in the season, maybe due to an injury or benching of a player on another team.

If anyone has any objections to these changes, please let me know.

The Commish

maddog10

Members
I don't agree with the number of moves change. I have been pacing my moves because of the limit. Not my fault some people couldn't control themselves. Not supposed to make changes when a season has started.

mrkillie

Members
I don't agree with the number of moves change. I have been pacing my moves because of the limit. Not my fault some people couldn't control themselves. Not supposed to make changes when a season has started.

Because of the objections, I have returned the max. moves to 17.

Joel

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
I'm fine with the 17 moves, but not being able to cut some dead wood was the reason behind the idea in the first place. I've actually made the most moves because the first hand that I got was not great. Having said that, by making those moves I have had the 2nd best record. However, I too have saved a move for emergency reasons and did not think it was a bad idea to be able to cut top draft picks, which Yahoo does not allow.

Reason being, why not have the option to cut that draft pick and pick up a back up player for the 2nd half of the season. I see now that it is a no go with Yahoo and I'm fine with that. What's sucky is that, do you really think someone is going to want to trade with me for my dead wood. I don't think so. I think 25 moves was darn too much, but 19 would have helped a bunch a people since were only half way through the season.

That's okay...I'm in agreement with the Commish and his final decision. So let's play some ball and may the best Man or Woman Win.

Richard

mrkillie

Members
I agree with Mike to a certain point. Maybe allow us bottom dwellers 20 moves?

Everyone gets the same number of moves-I can't make it 20 for some teams and 17 for others. Just like I can't allow protected picks to be waived. Just not possible. I, unfortunately, am not all powerful. I am not Roger Goodell!:D

Joel