• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Aquaclear problems

captmicha

Members
One of my Aquaclears won’t run, the impeller keeps coming out of place and bouncing around all over in its tract.

I thought it might be bc there’s no bushing or pole (the metal thing that goes through it), but I looked up what the impeller is supposed to look like, and they don’t have these things.

Does anyone know how to fix it?

I urgently need this filter running for one of my foster turtles.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
All Aquaclear filters have an impeller shaft that sits into a rubber bushing in the motor housing. Often, this shaft wears down and is what causes a noisy filter. If your impeller is just sitting in the motor without a shaft, something is wrong/broken/missing. When installed properly, the shaft goes through a hole in the impeller and maybe sticks through by 1/8 inch.

Aquatica87Heaven

CCA Members
One of my Aquaclears won’t run, the impeller keeps coming out of place and bouncing around all over in its tract.

I thought it might be bc there’s no bushing or pole (the metal thing that goes through it), but I looked up what the impeller is supposed to look like, and they don’t have these things.

Does anyone know how to fix it?

I urgently need this filter running for one of my foster turtles.
Can you take a picture of how you have it set up?