• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

What are you bringing to the March 12 meeting?

mchambers

Former CCA member
Seems like it's time to have one of these threads.

I'm planning to bring some red cherry shrimp, if anyone is interested. Mine are taking over one of my tanks.

I'd be interested in a grindal worm culture, if anyone has some to spare.

rich_one

Members
Let's see... I have a heat lamp with a working bulb in it, and an unused bulb in the packaging, that I can part with. Don't expect I'll be keeping any reptiles anymore. Son will be graduating next year, and my focus is really fish.

I probably have some leftover substrate too... forget what it is though... if anyone has reptiles and would like that kinda thing... I might even have an unopened jar of that gel stuff that crickets supposedly eat.

I also have some excess aquascaping rocks that I'd consider trading for some driftwood pieces and/or some anubias or other low lights or put into the auction or something. If I find or think of anything else... I'll post it later.

-Rich

davidhusker

Members
Ill be bringing 2 bags of (6) Strawberry peacocks
The adult male strawberry peacock
Adult Female Benga Peacock

Maybe Bringing:
Bag of young OB Peaocks
Adult male 4" Bushynose pleco

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Our speaker is going to try to bring some

juvi Pssamochromis riponianus
He is breeding them from stock he brought back in his suit case from the Ugandan side of Lake Victoria.

rich_one

Members
Anybody got an overpopulation of babies of something? Guppies... crays... convicts... or really, whatever, that you could stand to thin out? And that you wouldn't mind if they, uh... become snacks? :D

Sarah, got any anubias that has been growing in low light... particularly medium to large? If so, how much?

-Rich

Thumper

Where is this place located, that way I can bring my sex appeal!! lol Seriously though where, and what happens at the meetings? I live in Martinsburg WV about 1 to 2 hours away from Silver Spring I think.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sonny Disposition

If I get my act together, I'll bring a breeding group of Pimephales promelas. They're super easy to breed and produce lots of fast growing fry for hungry apistos, nanocaras, and what not.

Also some Labidochromis caeruleus and a pair or two of Ameca splendens (butterfly goodeids.) The latter are a tough live bearer--good dithers that can stand up to many cichlids.

Anybody got an overpopulation of babies of something? Guppies... crays... convicts... or really, whatever, that you could stand to thin out? And that you wouldn't mind if they, uh... become snacks? :D

Sarah, got any anubias that has been growing in low light... particularly medium to large? If so, how much?

-Rich

Plenipotentiary-at-large
If anyone expresses interest:

(5) Sub-adult red ceibals (cheap - nice fish, I just don't need eleven)

(100+) Baby leucistic Honduran red points (tiny but very hardy and eating ground flake (extremely cheap - try 'please')

(1) chiller with 1.25-1.5 horse motor about half the size of a dorm room refrigerator, about a 6 foot hose to 'chiller' attachment- motor runs smoothly and fairly quietly, may need to be recharged - $35

One very clean 15 gallon tank (24" x 12") with glass top (make offer or for trade)

Water sprite

Java Moss

About 100 lbs. of smooth small (lentil to pea-sized) natural river rock/pebbles - nice stuff, have just shifted entirely to sand - same substrate that sells for $0.50-$1.00/lb. in stores

Myself am looking for decent lights for a 24" and 30" tanks.

rich_one

Members
(5) Sub-adult red ceibals (cheap - nice fish, I just don't need eleven)

(100+) Baby leucistic Honduran red points (tiny but very hardy and eating ground flake (extremely cheap - try 'please')

(1) chiller with 1.25-1.5 horse motor about half the size of a dorm room refrigerator, about a 6 foot hose to 'chiller' attachment- motor runs smoothly and fairly quietly, may need to be recharged - $35

One very clean 15 gallon tank (24" x 12") with glass top (make offer or for trade)

Water sprite

Java Moss

About 100 lbs. of smooth small (lentil to pea-sized) natural river rock/pebbles - nice stuff, have just shifted entirely to sand - same substrate that sells for $0.50-$1.00/lb. in stores

Myself am looking for decent lights for a 24" and 30" tanks.
Hey Samuel... if you REEEEEAAAAALLLLLYYYY need to get rid of those tiny, baby honduran red points... I'm sure I can think of SOMETHING to do with them! :winking0004:

-Rich

Terri

CCA Members
Does anyone have juvie Geophagus steindachneri available? I could really use some to put in the store (Aquatic Obsession) display tank. I'm also looking for a nice Apisto pair to put in there as well.