• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

My 240 and it's inhabitants

creepyoldguy

Members
This is my newly set up 240 (8x2x2) tank. I bought this used in December 10 and just now got around to setting it up. Its a glass tank made by glasscages, and the stand and canopy are also glasscages oak stand and canopy. THe original owner had it in cherry but I stripped it down and painted it satin black. THe tank is drilled with 2 overflows that lead to an eshopps 400 wet/dry. THe wetdry contains 10g of bio balls and about 10lbs of ceramic media from my previous canisters. Water is returned to the tank via a Rio Hyper Drive 26hf giving it an approx. 6x's per hour turnover rate. I also have 2 Koralia 1400's for extra flow to assure no dead spots in the water.

Water is still a little cloudy, but I hope you enjoy the pictures!

creepyoldguy

Members
014yp.jpg

Very nice severum. Thanks toddnbecka

Last edited:

creepyoldguy

Members
008ry.jpg

My nice silver. Picked this guy up from a member on MFK. ONe of the few 18" silvers you see that doesn't have drop eye.

dustin

Members
I think u should do a sw setup myself. Ha ha. Looks awesome tho. A 240 sw setup would b mint IMO! Ha ha. Just givin u a hard time fella. But seriously...............

creepyoldguy

Members
Oh, not pictured is another smaller female motoro, a beat up oscar, a gt and I partially got a picture of the very nice loseilli that I got from DQ for rediculously cheap!

Set-up is quite lovely and I like the black as well. But for God's sakes, man, put at least some rocks or something in that tank!:)

rich_one

Members
****, I'm in love with that tank!

Nice fish selection! I'd love to get rays one day, but just don't have a big enough tank for them!

-Rich

BIG_Z

Members
You need one of those scuba divers in there.. that and a treasure chest and a sunken ship..

BIG_Z

Members
In that case you need some spongebob decorations to. ooo and add one of those volcanoes with all the different colored lights. We should make a competition to see who can have the most horribly decorated tank.

*On a side note I apologize to anyone with any of the things we are talking about... They make all this stuff so I am sure there are tanks full of it out there somewhere*