• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

FS: GB Rams, Velvet Black angels, Black Banded Sunfish

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
SAM_1344.jpg

German Blue Rams one pair for $14 or two pairs for $22

6BLACKANGELS2_516x355.jpg

Velvet Black Angelfish $10 each or 6 for $50

black_banded.jpg

Black Banded Sunfish $10 each or 6 for $50
I have permit from MD for the sale of these fish.

SAM_1344.jpg

6BLACKANGELS2_516x355.jpg

black_banded.jpg

jonclark96

Past CCA President
How big do the sunfish get? What's their temperament like? Can they thrive at tropical water temps?

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
THe rams are large enough that they are easy to sex and have great color. About 1.2 to 1.5 inches for the males and about 1 to 1.3 for the females.

The black banded sunfish come from the swamps of the east cost of the US. They need soft slightly acidic water, that is normal water from a swamp, but can handle temperatures from 32F to probably the 90s. They are not that aggressive, they tend not to eat their own fry and I have tried to feed them baby swords, but they did not eat them. Black banded sunfish would do well in the typical planted tank where the plants are growing well.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Thanks for the info Frank. I was thinking that I could mix one in with some milder New Worlds, but my water is at 7.2 and on the hard side.

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
bluefin42, ken ishikawa,

I tried to contact you via PM but could not as you blocked it.

Unfortunately I have sold in February all my black banded sunfish except my breeders. It will probably be about late June at the earliest that I will have more for sale.

Please contact me at cowherdfg@gmail.com then and I can let you know more specifics on the numbers available and shipment to California.