• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

AquaMania Marketplace - What Vendors Do YOU Want?

dogofwar

CCA Members
In addition to great speakers and lots of other activities, AquaMania (Mar 9-10, 2013) will feature a Marketplace of your favorite vendors and hobbyists selling fish, plants, supplies, tanks...whatever!

But we need you advice (and assistance) in making sure the vendors YOU want to be there are actually there!

What vendors would YOU like to buy from at AquaMania? (PLEASE DON'T USE THIS THREAD TO CRITICIZE ANOTHER VENDOR)

So how can you help?

Next time you place an order or otherwise interact with your favorite vendors, please ask them whether they're coming. Or - if they can't attend in person - whether they're getting their name out there by sponsoring or donating...

Believe me, we're going to ask them...but it means a lot more coming from some of their favorite customers :)

Thanks and please keep this thread positive!

Matt

PS We'd love to have LFS participate as well...not only in the Marketplace (What better way to add hundreds of folks to your email list and get hundreds of fishkeepers to come to your store than with a coupon or promotion?) but also for them to show off at the Aquarium Beautiful Competition and as Sponsors!

Two things I'd like to see in the Marketplace -- definitely LFS, that would be great. Also something sponsored by GWAPA, maybe a booth selling their member's plants or something like that . . .

dogofwar

CCA Members
Awesome idea about a GWAPA table...and tables for individual GWAPA members who want to sell.

As an aside, CCA will be hosting a table for folks who don't want to have their own (for a split). Of course, people (hobbyists and vendors) who have their own tables keep 100% of what they sell.

And LFS, clubs, etc. that want to have a table and not sell anything (just get the word out, recruit members, etc.) are also OK.

Matt

Two things I'd like to see in the Marketplace -- definitely LFS, that would be great. Also something sponsored by GWAPA, maybe a booth selling their member's plants or something like that . . .

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Dear Easter Rabbit

My four would be Kens Fish, Jeff Rapps, JEHMCO and Atlantis Tropical. Not sure JEMNCO does road shows but they're close...

dogofwar

CCA Members
As much as we'd like to have Dave here (and we're talking about doing a group order for delivery at AquaMania), he's pretty far away.

Who would you consider the premier Malawi and Tang vendors...who are close enough to come?

Including, of course, the folks who are already our sponsors...

Thanks,
Matt

I will make sure that the GWAPA board knows that you guys would like us to have a table at the convention.

Are there any particular plants that you would like to see at our table?

Arlene

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Since you ask

Arlene

Obscure low-light species. Selfishly looking to enlarge my stables to include more than Hygrophilia, hornwort, water sprite, Anubias, Java fern, wisteria, vallisneria, pennywort, Najas and mosses.

Most pleased that GWAPA will be coming to the dance - would really like to see this become and annual sort of thing cooperatively with GWAPA and PVAS.

Leffler817

CCA Members
As much as we'd like to have Dave here (and we're talking about doing a group order for delivery at AquaMania), he's pretty far away.

Who would you consider the premier Malawi and Tang vendors...who are close enough to come?

Including, of course, the folks who are already our sponsors...

Thanks,
Matt

How about Steve (Valley Aquatics)? He's in Allentown PA only 3 hours away. Also the previously mentioned Atlantis would be good. Reserve Stock Cichlids and possibly AMS offer great selections of African cichlids.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

dogofwar

CCA Members
Of course, Arlene.... and to enter some Aquarium Beautiful Tanks as well!

As I posted before, I'd imagine that some GWAPA folks will want to have their own tables in the Marketplace (swap meet) on Sunday.

If GWAPA wants to host a table to sell for the folks without their own tables, that would be great as well. CCA is planning to do the same.

Matt

I will make sure that the GWAPA board knows that you guys would like us to have a table at the convention.

Arlene

longstocking

Members
The only person you migth get would be AMS for africans (hes a few hours south ). Maybe Steve... but I'm not sure I would want to put wlild Tangs on a table.

YourFishStuff .. he has supported us for years.

HOT 'should' donate... I don't think they will show.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Appreciate the optimism, Sarah :rolleyes:

Some GREAT conversations with some AWESOME African cichlid vendors today.

Matt

The only person you migth get would be AMS for africans (hes a few hours south ). Maybe Steve... but I'm not sure I would want to put wlild Tangs on a table.

YourFishStuff .. he has supported us for years.

HOT 'should' donate... I don't think they will show.

blkmjk

Members
Cichlid Connection, Cichlids of the Americas, Don Conkel, and Rapps,

I would be in cichlid heaven. Heck just with Rapps confirmed I'm in heaven I may make a appearance at my first meeting and join the club in one fail swoop!

Drew

msjinkzd

invert junkie
A friend of mine has a new store, he has been importing from Peru and West and Central Africa a lot and may be interested as he is in CT. Someone (even me) could talk to him. Name is Nate Marrin and teh store is Scales and Tails. He specializes in larger cichlids, rays, pirhana, etc. He has a great apisto list and can get a lot of neat plecos, cories, etc

dogofwar

CCA Members
Awesome - yes please. I can talk to him as well.

As I'm talking to vendors, what I'm recommending is that they do some kind of a pre-sale deal for attendees, bring some stuff that they think that folks will buy / will be cool to sell and to bring lists / cards / info about their business.

Someone opening a new store...who's importing cool stuff...and is that close...should also become a CCA sponsor ;)

Matt

A friend of mine has a new store, he has been importing from Peru and West and Central Africa a lot and may be interested as he is in CT. Someone (even me) could talk to him. Name is Nate Marrin and teh store is Scales and Tails. He specializes in larger cichlids, rays, pirhana, etc. He has a great apisto list and can get a lot of neat plecos, cories, etc