• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Diy : 24/7 New Water Dripping System

neoprodigy

Administrator
Staff member
in my old article DIY : 24/7 New Water Drip System it works great for chlorine. but when i found out about Chloramine in my water. That system will be useless when chloramine is in the water.

So i start looking for NH2CL (Chloramine) Filters but it will leave ammonia in the water. and its expensive in a long to replace the filter.

I call up my good friend JohnPTC. he mention to me about a dosing system call Dosmatic that he is using.

Here is what you need
  • Dosmatic MinoDos 1%
  • Seachem Prime
  • In-line 1 Micron filter
  • Water Container (for diluted prime)
  • In-line Carbon (Optional)
  • In-line UV Sterlizer (optional)
  • Pressure Gauge (Optional )
  • 1/4 Tubing

Here is a diagram (click diagram to enlarge)

<a href="http://www.dosmatic.com/index.php?page=products/animal-health" target="_blank">
What is Dosmatic MiniDos 1%</a>

The new MiniDosâ„¢ Professional series has raised the bar for nNon-electrical, water-driven, proportional injectors. Many years of customer feedback and comments culminated in the next generation of injectors with:
  • Higher operating pressure,
  • Higher flows, reduced pressure loss,
  • Improved mixing and
  • Greatly enhanced overall chemical compatibility.
Flow Rate: 0.03 gpm - 12 gpm or 0,11 lpm - 45 lpm
Injection Rate: 0.20% - 1.00% or 1:500 - 1:100
Operating pressure: 6.0 – 100 psi or 0,41 – 6,9 bar
Inlet/Outlet: ¾†npt , ¾†bsp[/b]
What is Seachem Prime

Prime™ is the complete and concentrated conditioner for both fresh and salt water. Prime™ removes chlorine, chloramine and ammonia. Prime™ converts ammonia into a safe, non-toxic form that is readily removed by the tank’s biofilter. Prime™ may be used during tank cycling to alleviate ammonia/nitrite toxicity. Prime™ detoxifies nitrite and nitrate, allowing the biofilter to more efficiently remove them. It will also detoxify any heavy metals found in the tap water at typical concentration levels.Prime™ also promotes the production and regeneration of the natural slime coat. Prime™ is non-acidic and will not impact pH. Prime™ will not overactivate skimmers. Use at start-up and whenever adding or replacing water

Use 1 capful (5 mL) for each 200 L (50 gallons*) of new water.

[/b]
Here is how a Dosmatic Works

howdosmaticworks.gif

Prime is a highly concentrated solution.

1 capful (5 mL) for each 200 L = 1: 40,000

Dosmatic MinoDos 1% have a lowest injection rate at 1:500 so you need to diluted the prime with RO/Distill water.

Although Dosmatic has a 4ML model (1:4000) but you still need to dilute the prime and the cost of the machine is 3x more.

i did some calculation for Dosmatic MiniDos 1% when its set at 1:500. You need to Dilute Prime 1:80 first before pump in the the Dosmatic MinoDos 1%

here is the final product

final.jpg

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Wow. Thats about all I can say.

Darn I wish I could build another fish room and use some of the stuff that people, with bigger brains than I, have come up with. I could never do this on my own. So much information. So little of a room.

longstocking

Members
Thanks for the detailed post...

I've been researching this for a while... not for me but for a tank my dad wants to put up. I'll have to pick your brain a bit when he decides to finally remodel his house.

neoprodigy

Administrator
Staff member
Wow. Thats about all I can say.

Darn I wish I could build another fish room and use some of the stuff that people, with bigger brains than I, have come up with. I could never do this on my own. So much information. So little of a room.[/b]

same problem here.... :(

neoprodigy

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the detailed post...

I've been researching this for a while... not for me but for a tank my dad wants to put up. I'll have to pick your brain a bit when he decides to finally remodel his house.[/b]

any time....