• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Need a break b.c of school :/

samsmobb

Members
So summer I'm taking alot of classes to be able to transfer next semester pursuing my bachelors.
I know I won't have time for my discus fry and want to sell them and a couple other misc items to help with school as well.
My original 4 discus are for sale as well as the 2 my girlfriend was taking care of. So 6 total, smallest is ~2 inches and largest 2.5-3inches.
Really trying to sell them together b.c a perfect group is 5-6 of them.
Asking $80 or the best offer. If you buy at $80 I'll throw in a tetra whisper filter rated for 20-40 gallons I believe and their favorite hikari frozen brineshrimp treat.
Also for sale AFTER the discus are sold are
3 ( 1 about 1 year old, 2 less than 5 months) Marineland biowheel 200's I used on their 75 gallon tank.

Also have a mag float magnetic algea cleaner large for $10, used like 2 times :/
Aqueon 36" t5HO DUAL fixture with 2 bulbs(used about 3-5mobths) for $45obo
Also have a new in ground electric dog fence, message for info on that.
Please msg me email address for pictures of anything, I work off my iPod. Is there an app for this forum to upload pictures from an iPod?

samsmobb

Members
some pictures from last night, some from this morning(morning have paper with my username and date, sorry its hard to see because of glares from that sun room)
o6brpk.jpg

fxs7f5.jpg

they are about size like this one to start showing color more and more everyday
1equpy.jpg

t0kzdc.jpg

samsmobb

Members
the aqueon fixture is in great condition all black, low profile, please give me your email address for picture

YSS

Members
Sorry to say, but your discus look real bad. May be you can give them away for free, but I wouldn't pay a dime for the discus.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Ouch

Now that's harsh. They do have very odd (some might say deformed) profiles for discus. Not my specialty but am guessing that ordinarily they would have been culled but weren't. Doesn't mean that they won't live long lives and make someone happy, but it does make them "suspect". Don't take it personally, we all like you just fine, just not getting a wet and slimy (read as "warm and fuzzy") feeling about this particular batch of fish.

samsmobb

Members
I understand I wish I had something better to picture them with, in the pictures their top and bottom fins look small or flat because their usually darting around for flakes and my itouch takes bad fuzzy pictures.
To each their own but please leave such comment to hurt someone's sale out.
Thank you.

YSS

Members
If you really think the pictures are not doing your fish justice, then you need to post better pictures. The way your fish look in the picture, no one who knows anything about discus would buy them.

samsmobb

Members
What's insulting here going to get you? Must of had a rough time at work or something lol

I'm smart enough to not spend money on something to just benefit my sale rather than for my college tuition.

YSS

Members
What's insulting here going to get you? Must of had a rough time at work or something lol

I'm smart enough to not spend money on something to just benefit my sale rather than for my college tuition.

I am not insulting you. Sorry if you thought I was insulting you. I just thought you didn't know what a quality discus should look like. Good luck with sale.