• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Online Fish Vendor Information

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Long story short: I'd like people to post information for one vendor who sells fish online. Just pick one and please post the following information:

Name of Website
URL of website
Site Owner/Proprietor (if possible)
Facility City, Facility State
Contact phone number
contact email address
Type of fish sold
Any special information

For types of fish sold, please limit to the following categories:
Freshwater/Saltwater/Brackish
Old World cichlids/New World Cichlids/Other cichlids
Community type fish
Catfish

I think it will be very useful to have a thread with this information when people are searching for fish sources.

Example:

Dave's Rare Aquarium Fish
www.davesfish.com
Dave Schumacher
San Antonio, Texas
(210) 599-9444
Freshwater/OW cichlids/NW cichlids/other cichlids/catfish
specializes in rare and hard to acquire fish

Short story long: I am working on a project for a graduate school class. I have to develop a website that includes a searchable database with several tables. I plan to use the information provided to populate a database. The website will allow people to search for vendors according to various criteria. It will provide a list of vendors with basic information. Each table must have at least 15 entries. I'm sure we could come up with 15 sources. Submissions will help provide information to site members, and will make my homework a little easier. Feel free to provide any comments, but I don't want to make this very detailed and make the project more difficult than is possible. In the future if the website is functional, I may look into further developing it and publishing it. Thanks for your information in advance. A future goal would be to add physical store locations, but for the scope of my project, I will limit data entries to online vendors.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Thanks Jon. Anyone else have a minute to do some quick research and post a response? I'm hoping to gather information for the following sites:

Reserve Stock Cichlids
Atlantis
Live Fish Direct
American Cichlids
SI Cichlids
Tom's Tanganyikans
Valley Aquatics
Blue Chip Aquatics
Cichlids and Herps
Little Africa Aquatics
The Wet Spot
Frybabies
Msjinxd
Cichlids Are Special
Fosters & Smith
That Fish PLace
Discus Hans

Of course, other sites would be welcome as well. I will be building this database over the weekend.

msjinkzd

invert junkie
thanks chris! I keep my cell number off the ole interwebz but can share it with anyone who needs it to schedule an appointment :)

jonclark96

Past CCA President
American Cichlids
http://www.americancichlids.net/
Dan Ye Jennings
Lafayette, CO
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]303-579-3440[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]9-3440
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]mtnpike@q.com[/FONT]
Freshwater/NW cichlids/OW cichlids/Catfish
Specializes in wild caught NW & OW cichlids