• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Acrylic 180w/sump, stand, canopy fs

RIFT_LAKES_RULE

Member of the Darkside Tang's Rule!
Anyone interested in a Acrylic (Clarity Plus) 180?

I've had this sitting empty in my living room for a year now, all I need to do is plumb the sump but I don't see it happening as my interests have gone away from fish :eek:

The tank:
Standard 6x2x2 Clarity Plus Acrylic with center overflow, 2 holes drilled in upper right and left corners, 2 holes approx 2 ft in from each end on back approx 6" up from bottom, 2 holes in bottom of the tank 2 ft in from end and back. DangerChicken said it was for a reef system, can't remember what he called it... closed loop system maybe. I've got bulkheads and plugs :lol:
It was in desperate need of a buffing when I got it, which is why I got it so cheap. I bought 64oz each of # 1, 2, and 3 Novus acrylic polish/buffing compound and spent 2 FULL weekends buffing it out with the Novus buffing wheel kit that attaches to a drill. (go price that stuff in the qty's I bought :wacko:) I also used a fine sand paper to take out the deeper scratches before applying novus. It's not like brand new but it looks pretty darn good if I must say so myself.

The Sump:
Oceanic Model 3, brand new never used. Still has all the stickers on it. Made of glass with glass tops and all!!! Really sweet lookin sump.

The Stand:
If you are willing to refinish it, it'd pass for furniture grade. Right now it's more of a Redneck Furniture Grade :D Got some scuff's on it. It has 4 cabinet grade doors across the front (raised panels). It would look very nice refinished if your up for it. I live in WV and I believe it's against the law to have furniture in the house that isn't scuffed up a bit, and lord knows I won't be found on the wrong side of the law :angel2:

The Canopy:
Slim profile, if refinished would look sexy on top of the 180 :jumpy:
Like the stand, it's not in terrible shape but definitely not "Furniture Grade" in it's present state. It has light fixtures in it but I was going to scrap them personally and put my own in it. I don't recommend the lighting that is in it now so consider the canopy without lights.

I've also got a Mag24 pump that I picked up from Mike Hill a couple yrs ago. Never used.

Got a couple odds and ends for plumbing.

The remaining Novus polish, probably enough to do another tank and a full 64oz of #1 to keep your acrylic tanks sparkling.

I paid $400 for the tank/stand/canopy and $200 for the sump. $600 total.

You pay $600 total and get all that plus a mag 24, my time and labor plus materials to buff it out, the remaining Novus polish, and I'll even throw in bioballs for the sump (don't think it came with any).

I want you to know I waited 2 YEARS to get an acrylic tank at this price, can't believe the only water I put in it was to rinse it out after buffing it...

Not interested in parting it out, if you don't want the stand/canopy you can have the rest for $600 and we'll have a bonfire in the front yard before you leave. It's WV, we can do that here ;)

I'm not planning on coming that way any time soon so consider it PU only.

Mapquest Hedgesville WV for driving directions and approx travel time. 2hrs +/- for most of you.

I'll get pic's for anyone interested ;)

RIFT_LAKES_RULE

The tank:

40b7b40a.jpg

The sump:

da39abcb.jpg

My Bro Chris "ReelAddiction" pm'd me with interest so he's got first dibbs. Feel free to line up behind the big man ;)

eden2020

Members
Tank...

Go figure, Hedgesville... I'm in Shepherdstown. Nice set up... You scratched the stand? :eek: LOL

Why does every nice acrylic or large tank set-up near me have a black background?

Keep us posted on the sale..

Thanks- Marc and family..

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Mike - you need to put some water and Tangs in that bad boy!

RIFT_LAKES_RULE

Go figure, Hedgesville... I'm in Shepherdstown. Nice set up... You scratched the stand? :eek: LOL

Why does every nice acrylic or large tank set-up near me have a black background?

Keep us posted on the sale..

Thanks- Marc and family..

Alright Marc, you're next up. Chris is gonna wait for a bigger tank, this one's too small for him :eek:

It's yours if you want it.

RIFT_LAKES_RULE

Last call for my CCA buds before I post this on craigslist. I'd rather it go to a friend here, craigslist is the last resort.

My new hobby officially started yesterday and it was a BLAST!!! I'm definitely selling this to put more money towards the new hobby, might even sell some other fish stuff...