• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

2011 CCA SPEAKER SCHEDULE / CLUB SCHEDULE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
CCA_2007_logo_bold_w_initials_shado-1.png

2011 CCA SPEAKER SCHEDULE

January 8
Matt Quinn
Uruguayan Biotypes
Matt Quinn has been keeping fish since he was ten and filled his bedroom with betta bowls and brine shrimp hatcheries. He currently maintains a fishroom of 50 tanks of mostly (brown) New World and West African cichlids. Matt is a member of the ACA and serves as a board member at large for the CCA.

Feb 19 *****NOTE THIS IS THE 3RD SATURDAY OF FEB*****
Mike Hill
Aquarium Photography

March 12
Lawrence Kent
Quick Trips to the Lake Victoria Basin and the Kenyan Soda Lake of Magadi:
The Wonderful Challenge of Identifying Wild Caught Haplochromines

Through this presentation, I’ll share with you stories of my flash visits to the Kenyan, Ugandan, and Tanzanian shores of Lake Victoria to catch and study some of its indigenous Haplochromine cichlids. I’ll discuss the challenges associated with identifying the hundreds of species in that big lake and seek your input in trying to figure out which ones are which.
The presentation will be the same one I gave at the 2010 American Cichlid Association meeting in Milwaukee, but I will add some bonus material on a subsequent trip to one of the world’s most alkaline environments – Kenya’s Lake Magadi – to seek out a cichlid that can survive and breed in 110 degree water. Time permitting, I’ll also share some recent pictures and stories from a trip to the Congo. I hope you will come and enjoy the talk.
Lawrence Kent works on hunger and poverty alleviation issues for the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation in Seattle, a job that involves frequent travel to Africa and Asia. During these trips, he tries to find time to look for tropical birds and fish, particularly cichlids. Lawrence has lived in ten countries and worked in another 40 (including 25 in Africa). He was born in New York and lived in Washington DC from 1990 until 1994. At home he keeps and breeds Rift Valley and West African cichlids.

April 9
Mo Devlin

May 14
John Nicholson
Discus 101

June 11
Don Conkel

July 9
Members Cookout

July 21- 24th
CCA Does ACA.- ACA convention

July 22