• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Finally a ray keeper again

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Hey guys
My trimacs wherent really what I expected. They where imo kind of boring.
After a few months of keeping the trimacs I made the descision to sell them. Unfortunately, selling a full grown pair of trimacs isnt the easyest thing to do. I ended up giving them to the lfs and getting half of what I wanted in store credit.
Like the tital sais, I got a ray again. I did a little more reaserch and it looked like the perfect rays for my situation. A hystrix ray or a marble motoro. After no luck finding some hystrix in my price range, I found someone selling an 8" (disc) male marbled motoro. 2 weeks later I recieved a box from FedEx with my new marbled motoro. He is by far the most active ray I've ever kept. He's always swimming up the front glass and splashing the water. He also eats shrimp and silver sides wich means I no longer have to stop by congressional weekly to get black worms like I had to do for my fussy retics.
Here are some pics of the little guy:
When he arrived
marbmotoro1.jpg

marbmotoro2.jpg

marbmotoro3.jpg

marbmotoro4.jpg

marbmotoro5.jpg

marbmotoro8.jpg

marbmotoro7.jpg

marbmotro6.jpg

marbmotoro1.jpg

marbmotoro2.jpg

marbmotoro3.jpg

marbmotoro4.jpg

marbmotoro5.jpg

marbmotoro8.jpg

marbmotoro7.jpg

marbmotro6.jpg

clearsky5

CCA Members
Beautimous!!!!
what size tank do you have him in????
water looks real clear, so what do you have on the tank for filtration
That is great that you have him on foods other thank blackworms.
and pics are cool..
david

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Nice! Supposed no one over at MFK didn't want trimacs

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Thanks, one guy contacted me but he was asking $50
Nice ray, have you at least tried some pellets?

Not yet because he came in the male on the 30th and my first priority was to get him eating. The people I bought him from said he wasnt eating pellets yet.

nice looking ray. if I can ever get away from the parachromis family I would love to go this route....
Thanks. They are awesome fish and while parachromis are awesome, I've had more fun with rays.
Beautimous!!!!
what size tank do you have him in????
water looks real clear, so what do you have on the tank for filtration
That is great that you have him on foods other thank blackworms.
and pics are cool..
david
Thanks! He's in a 120 and the tank is filtered by an xp3 and i clean the tank every other week. I'm probably going to add another xp3 soon.
Congrats on the new ray. Good luck with him.

He's fantastic looking!

Very nice ray.

Cool looking fella. Glad to see you were able to get back to rays.

Thanks guys!

blkmjk

Members
Very nice ray. I will be getting one of those in the near future. Just gotta get this tank up and running. ....

AquaStudent

Members
Awesome Dan! Glad to see you were able to get another ray. This guy is looking great. Glad he's active too. That'll be a joy to watch!

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Awesome Dan! Glad to see you were able to get another ray. This guy is looking great. Glad he's active too. That'll be a joy to watch!
Thanks!

How is he settling in / doing? Any tank mates?

He's doing awesome, he has a real personality, when I was cleaning the tank today he would swim up so me and hover over and around my hand. He swims right up to the front of the tank whenever I walk up to it.
He's easily the best ray I have ever kept.

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Thanks!

He's doing awesome, he has a real personality, when I was cleaning the tank today he would swim up so me and hover over and around my hand. He swims right up to the front of the tank whenever I walk up to it.
He's easily the best ray I have ever kept.

That's awesome? I love tame rays. Makes me want one even more when I see ppl hand feed them