• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

New to Forum

ellatomato

Members
Hi! Thanks for approving me. I am new to cichlids and fish in general. Just got my second krib today. I am mostly into planted tanks and am venturing into aquascaping. I love cichlids but am not sure which varieties are compatible with planted tanks as I've been told that most prefer to destroy plants with a few exceptions. I would love education on this since they are beautiful and see to have more personality than many other freshwater fish. anyway I am Ian maryland just iannside the beltway. Hope to meet some other fishie folks!

Ella

Becca

Members
Welcome!

There are plenty of cichlids that won't destroy planted tanks, some are dwarfs, some are not. Some are African (like your Kribensis), and some are not.
Other groups you could consider include:
Dicrossus
Apistogramma
Nannacara... and that's just a few of the small ones!

Greengirl

Members
Welcome to the group. We have plenty of replacement plants among all the members so don't worry about that :)

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Welcome aboard, Ella.

There are quite a few West African cichlids and South American cichlids that will leave plants alone.

You should come to check out the meeting this weekend!

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Welcome, Ella! We are happy to help you choose cichlids that will work out well in your planted tank. As Tony said, you should come to our meet this Saturday.

Sent from my VS985 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App