• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Need a little pond plant expertice

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Hey guys
I have a small above ground pond that I would love to plant out. The pond just has a few sun fish that I can move to my other little pond if nescessary.
The pond is in pretty much full sun and is well established. Its made out of a 100 gallon rubbermaid tub and I plumbed it to my aquaponics system. It currently has no substrate but I would not be aposed to adding some if nescessary.
Thanks

You can also grow water crest in small tub, which is not showy, but the green makes good salad. Just don't let it get out of stream as it is invasive.

Becca

Members
I have some water-lettuce plantlets that you're welcome to, but you'll have to come get them.

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
check zendog's thread out. he might have a few left?
Those looked real cool, didnt want to risk it though since its my first time growing these and I didnt want to pay all that for a plant that maryland's unpredictable weather could kill at any time.
You can also grow water crest in small tub, which is not showy, but the green makes good salad. Just don't let it get out of stream as it is invasive.
That sounds cool, I have a floating raft bed in my aquaponics, would I need to through it in there? Also my pond is pretty deep, would I need to put together some kind of shelf?

I have some water-lettuce plantlets that you're welcome to, but you'll have to come get them.
That sounds awesome! Whats the lowest temperature they can be put out in? I'll talk to my mom to see when she can take me