• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Couple pics of my unknown soldier

There are minor inconsistencies in all fish like how bright they are or egg spots and such. There are others that usually mean its not a inconsistency rather a different fish all together. These are things like mouth structure, fin color, shape, caudal peduncle overall size, spots, bars..... these usually mean it a different fish because they should all match every fish of a certain species reguardless.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Pictures! pictures! pictures! You did good
Lol hope you get a cool fish I've got too many on my hands at the moment Dan those guys i got were growing like weeds but seems like they have slowed. Gonna do more water changes and change food around to see if that helps.

Ps Dan sent you an email

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

They probably had a much needed spurt. They were actually a bit stunted in the tank they were in I was feeding them pretty heavy but because they were a bit cramped they stopped growing about three weeks before you got them. They probably caught up to where they should have been.

I found this one which again has lots of similarities and was sold as aulonocara apache. ......a hybrid

uploadfromtaptalk1396220437801.jpg

Localzoo

Board of Directors
This is the closest I've seen but the spot and the shape seem different other than that this one is very very close. Were they saying that was the undu?

I believe it's an undo reef "original" the is another undu but from a different location without the spot but deeper blue.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

This is why the whole mloto thing is crazy how can an undu reef be from a different location.....lol it should be named after that location. Undu reef is a place if its not from that place name it after the place it is from. I am curoius to see different pics of these fish from different "field guides" of the hobby the only one I have is konings and you can see the pic he took in the wild. How could this fish have changed so drastically from its ancestors. This is why I gave up trying it also matches pics of likoma island variants very closely. Argh, thank you all for your input I'm sure the answer is out there perhaps we found it already maybe I'm just being to picky

Wonder what it would cost to get the solidity I'm looking for. Dna is the only way, no matter how many pics I look at I always find atleast three major differences that shouldn't be possible through interspecific morphology.