• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Herichthys carpintis - auction winner?

lkelly

Members
Is the person who won the auction for the Herichthys carpintis at Aquamania on here?

Looking for some juveniles to start up a CA tank and thought maybe that person might have some extras. If anyone else does, feel free to contact me.

To make this a non-Marketplace posting, can someone comment on the different variants of this fish? I see several listed online. Are they all pretty much colored the same or are there noticeable differences in either size or coloration?

Thanks.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
There are several regional variants of carpintis available in the hobby (escondito, chariel, hondo, vontehillo, to name the ones I know about). There are subtle differences in the colors and size of the pearls on the fish. All are beautiful. I have a tough time telling them apart.

blkmjk

Members
There are several regional variants of carpintis available in the hobby (escondito, chariel, hondo, vontehillo, to name the ones I know about). There are subtle differences in the colors and size of the pearls on the fish. All are beautiful. I have a tough time telling them apart.

Ditto! What Jon said. And I have seen a rash of large violent ones lately. Including mine that I had to rehome because of spousal violence. Beautiful fish none the less.

Drew

NO GOOD DEED SHALL GO UNPUNISHED!

lkelly

Members
Any good documentation/photos on the web that might provide some of the differentiation between the variants?

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Any good documentation/photos on the web that might provide some of the differentiation between the variants?

Cichlidae.org will have what you want to know, but it is not a completely free site.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

dogofwar

CCA Members
Best as I can tell carpintis called Escondido, Vontehilo and Chariel are all basically the same location (lagoon outside of Veracruz, MX), just different trade names.

Matt