• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Quarantine your fish!

Forester

Members
I use the 26L sterilite and the 26 gallon Tough Box for my Qt and for fasting large quantities of fish for shipping.

Sent from my SM-N910V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Forester

Members
Live and learn, I have made a **** ton of similar mistakes. You'll figure it out.

Sent from my SM-N910V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Becca

Members
The ones I usually get add up to about 11 gallons, but I don't fill them all the way to ensure the containers don't bow and break

Sent from my SCH-I435 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Are the standard sterilite adiquit, or should I go with the locking lid heavier duty option? Is it better to have a deep or more surface area?

Last edited:

Termato

Board of Directors
The ones I usually get add up to about 11 gallons, but I don't fill them all the way to ensure the containers don't bow and break

Sent from my SCH-I435 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

You're scaring me now. I have about 20G in a tall hard plastic container for daphnia and it bows a little. Have you had one break? I don't see any signs of stress other than the bow. It appears fine...so far. I've had it set up the day of the February meeting. I don't see this thing snapping in half anytime soon though.

Leffler817

CCA Members
I've never had a sterilite or Rubbermaid bin break open. Just me experiences, I've used 11, 18, and 24(?) gallon bins. Sometimes filling them almost to capacity.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I think the bins are fairly resistant to bursting. They don't fare so well with impacts. The only bins that I have had that leaked are ones that I dropped (or hit with something by mistake).