• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

For Sale: Juvenile Cynops Cyanurus

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
I have for sale 11 juvenile Cynops Cyanurus (blue tailed fire bellied newts). They are approximately 2.5" long and are eating blackworms and frozen blood worms. The parents willingly ate Hikari carnivore pellets. I linked a care sheet to this post.

These are some of the easier newts to care for as they can tolerate water temperatures up to 72 degrees. 10, 20 gallon tanks are perfect. Heaters are not necessary neither are power filters.

Price: $14 each. I will discount the purchase of multiple newts.

http://www.caudata.org/cc/species/Cynops/C_cyanurus.shtml

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
Alright 85 views and no bites. What is it the price or lack of interest?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

rich_one

Members
I think they are interesting and the price is fine (not that I'd know otherwise... haven't done any research). However, as a new axolotl owner, I don't want to jump into too many things at once. Right now, with the axolotl and my saltwater tank taking big steps forward, I'm gonna hold off a bit myself before getting into anything like newts. But that's just my specific situation. I think they are cool, and hopefully some people step up and grab some!

-Rich

Becca

Members
Price seems fine, and I am interested but have very few suitable tanks :-/. The temperature is the kicker for me. My husband is doing a paludarium and wants newts, but it's going to be warmer than this.

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
Their aren't any species that I know of that can be kept at a higher temperature than these.

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
Are they fully aquatic???

Drew

No they need a small floating island for when they feel the itch to come our of the water. I use cork flats. However mine spend 95 percent of their time in the water

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
Becca that wasn't a ploy to try to get a sale either. I think fire bellied newts can tolerate 75 degrees but that's the max.

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
If anybody else has questions I will gladly turn this into a information thread and move it to the appropriate forum.

chriscoli

Administrator
Are all fire belly newts the same? I got some regular newts from Batfish recently....these are different, right? Mine don't have blue tails.

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
Correct Josh sells the Hypselotriton orientalis/cynops orientalis is a smaller cousin to the cynops cyanurus. The requirements are the same. But sue to the size different the smaller FBN may become food.

Josh sells both along with Iberian newts. The adults sell for blue tailed fire bellied newts regularly sell for $25 each.

Last edited:

Autumncrossing

Hi, I am interested i have a male cyanurus at the moment looking to breed him in the future. I'm working on cycling some larger tanks right now that won't be ready for a couple weeks. Can you shoot me an email at Autumncrossing@gmail.com if you have any left?
Thanks.