• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

A. thomasi spawn!

lizardboy

CCA Members
Hopefully this pic works, I've had these guys for a few months and they finally spawned! Kind of surprised that they bred at this size (they're two inches), but I'm super excited. Hopefully nothing eats the eggs until I can move them.

dem_eggs.jpg
03e7d149-2ff2-c84e-8ac1-71cca7a90238
open
open

Last edited:

lizardboy

CCA Members
Update: something must have eaten the eggs. I woke up this morning, and they were gone... oh well. Next time I'll try spawning them in their own tank.

lizardboy

CCA Members
2nd update: my other pair in there has been acting weird lately, so I looked in the back of the tank where their nest is, and there are free swimming fry! I must be doing something good lol

Forester

Members
2nd update: my other pair in there has been acting weird lately, so I looked in the back of the tank where their nest is, and there are free swimming fry! I must be doing something good lol

Awesome! Are you going to take the fry out?

Sent from my SM-N910V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

lizardboy

CCA Members
Yeah, I took out as many of the fry as I could. I wasn't feeling good about their chances in my westie cichlid community

chriscoli

Administrator
Congrats! Mine keep acting like they are going to spawn but then they don't.....maybe soon.

Keep us posted on how they're doing!

mchambers

Former CCA member
Mine do the same thing. I see fish in breeding coloration, but I never see eggs.

Good luck with the fry!

dogofwar

CCA Members
Great job - I've actually never kept or bred these guys.

Any tips on keeping them? Temp, food, etc.? I'd think live worms and a nice water change would do the trick...

Matt

lizardboy

CCA Members
I keep them around 75F, feed flakes, pellets, frozen food, etc. Before they spawned I was feeding them some live earthworms. I have 6 of them in a 55G with two N. parilus. They really enjoy a planted tank.