• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Saturday February 8, 2014

Jay

CCA Members
A lot will depend on the weather for Saturday. Right now the forecast is for snow/rain with temperatures up to 35; but down as low as 7 overnight for my area on Saturday. If the storm comes in the afternoon and evening, I hope to come to the meeting arriving between 1:15 and 1:30 to deliver my orders. However, I will not be staying for the meeting and will be leaving between 2:00 and 2:15 p.m. If the storm comes early and the roads are slick, I will not be able to get to the meeting. In the event that I can not make it to the meeting, I can bring my orders to Aqua Mania on Sunday March 2 at the Market Place. Lets hope for good weather that weekend.
My area is still recovering from the Ice storm on Tuesday. There are tree limbs still down in many places. I have some pine tree limbs down that I am waiting for a tree trimmer to remove; but, luckily no major damage. The main road into my area is still blocked by a large fallen tree. Many people have no power or heat. This includes an area as close as 1/4 mile from me. The area near our local hospital and York College looks like a disaster zone. The light at the major intersection near the hospital is out. Traffic is a mess. I am one of the lucky few that never lost power or heat. I am very thankful for that.
I do not want to risk getting caught in a sudden change over from rain to sleet and freezing rain on Saturday. We should know more by Saturday morning. Maybe we can lucky and get just rain in your area and a total miss in my area. This storm is coming from the south and will hit MD and DC before it reaches PA. A second one from the north west is forecast for my area on Sunday. What a winter. I have not seen one like this since the late 80s and early 90s.

Jay