• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB: 75 foot Python

Becca

Members
Or similar water changer - longer is OK, but I need something long enough to go out my basement door.

I'd like one for draining and one for filling so it's easier to sterilize the parts that come into contact with the fish tanks and the water going into them. I already have one, so I need another.

I have a nice 55 gallon cabinet stand (or double stand see the "my tanks" album or recent ads) available for trade, if anyone is interested. I also have a 29 gallon stand, AC HOB filters, and some small air pumps available for trade.

Let me know what you want in terms of trade/cash and I'll let you know if I can swing it.

Becca

Members
I'd just use a garden hose (or two: one to fill and another, hooked to a pump) to drain...

Matt

I hear ya, but with tanks full of fry and shrimp, I like the slower speed and visibility of a gravel vac and gravity for draining.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Alternately, you can drain via siphon(s) into a bucket (or larger) and pump from there.

Matt

I hear ya, but with tanks full of fry and shrimp, I like the slower speed and visibility of a gravel vac and gravity for draining.

Becca

Members
Alternately, you can drain via siphon(s) into a bucket (or larger) and pump from there.

Matt

Yes, that might be an idea, but it is SO easy to just stick the one we have out the basement door. Weird stuff occasionally happens in Jeremy's 150 and I'm just not comfortable using the same equipment in that tank as I use in mine.

I could also probably buy 75 feet of vinyl tubing and connect it to a much shorter siphon and basically make my own.

That said, I have lots of stuff I'm not using to get rid of, so if someone does want to swap a gravel vac for some of it, it works for me. Less clutter and less stray comments about my "fish stuff" taking over the house :D

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Let me know what you want in terms of trade/cash and I'll let you know if I can swing it.

One million dollars....no wait! Two million dollars lol
I have the tubing part my connector broke so if you want the hose and gravel vac part they're yours.......it works for filling the tank just, or draining but requires you to prime first...(sorry for you it's free)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Localzoo

Board of Directors
You've got a deal.

I have a Python at home, with the "easy start" whatchamadoodle, and I still start it with my mouth... :p

Lol! watchamadoodle and mouth should never be in the same sentence. At least, not on this forum. I believe you've got the wrong "monster" app...roflmao!

Sorry I'm 5 years old
I might see Josh, he doesn't know it yet...lol I will leave it with him so you can get it during the bbq... Or I know you and my wife work in the same part of town.

Don't know if I will be in you're neck of the woods Christopher Robin.

Becca

Members
Lol! watchamadoodle and mouth should never be in the same sentence. At least, not on this forum. I believe you've got the wrong "monster" app...roflmao!

Sorry I'm 5 years old
I might see Josh, he doesn't know it yet...lol I will leave it with him so you can get it during the bbq... Or I know you and my wife work in the same part of town.

Don't know if I will be in you're neck of the woods Christopher Robin.

Either will work.

xny89

Administrator
Staff member
http://i944.photobucket.com/albums/ad285/xny1989/2014-07-21_16-18-33_550.jpg

http://i944.photobucket.com/albums/ad285/xny1989/2014-07-21_16-18-45_398.jpg

The photo's above are of the valve I use, and the plumbing to prevent it from cracking, of my setup. I originally had used a python and the Aqueon equivalents, and they both broke. This is actually a water bed fill and empty valve I got off Amazon several years ago and it has been working perfectly. I also added a 25' extension and now have it at 50'. If I needed more, I would just add additional clear tubing, as I want to be sure that I've drained it completely before I store it.

JLW

CCA Members
WILL -- are you who has been leaving fingerprints outside my fishroom windows?!

Checking on my watchamadoodle?