• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Wtb: geophagus ?

Acpape0

Members
My arowana is doing better than I expected him to with the move and history, so I feel safe adding some tank mates
I am looking for at least 4-6 3 1/2" or bigger geophagus. I would prefer altifrons but I am open to other varieties also. Hit me up with what you have and prices. I would really like to find these locally and not have to ship.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

F8LBITE

Members
Altifrons are gorgeous fish. There was a club member named George that had an awesome line he bred but he has moved away.

Acpape0

Members
Called ricks, congressional and tropical lagoon no luck congressional said they have never even seen them on their list( at least in 6 years) but they did refer me back to the club lol

Jeff raps appears to have them but are out of my price range... $60 a piece + shipping hurts when trying to get a group lol

The search continues

Last edited:

Trey

Members
I have some f1 geophagus steindachneri "red humps"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Acpape0

Members
What is killing me is the 3"+ requirement to keep them from becoming food . HOT has some awesome Jurupurdi but I am scared they may be to sensitive to put in a arowana tank. Supposedly they need absolutely perfect conditions to thrive. And even with weekly water changes there is always potential for spikes with the large carnivorous fish in the tank...how big were the Brazil

rsretep

Members
I also have a group of Geophagus Steindachneri but am afraid the females are not quite three inches, closer to two inch.

neut

Members
It's possible I have something but there's two potential issues.

1) Might not be what you're looking for-- but I have OH tapajos. Have an adult breeding pair I'm considering parting with. Nice pair, you can see them in my avatar and photo gallery. They've produced some very good looking offspring. In fact, some are so nice I'm thinking of keeping a group of the offspring and letting the parents go. I have juvie/sub-adults available from this pair, couple of the larger males are already exceptional for their size, highly colored and starting to act like they're looking for love. Haven't put a ruler to them but a number of these look to be in the neighborhood of 4 inches.

2) Distance. Looks like I'm 4.5-5 hours away from you, though we could arrange a meet.

Price for juvies probably something like $100 for 4, $120 for 6-- except that, as I said, a couple of the dominant males in this group are already highly colored and I'd want a little more for one of these (I'm definitely keeping one, maybe both of them, although these males are in different tanks and I expect another male would move up in status and color if I move one out). Plus something reasonable for gas to meet somewhere. The adult pair-- I'm not ready to post a price for them, but we can talk if you're interested.

No offense at all if they're not what you're looking for. Not in a hurry to move them... might advertise them in the near future-- just not sure yet if I'll to do it here or not-- or might let them grow a bit more and ask a little more for them...

Acpape0

Members
I am not into shipping fish but a road trip is always fun , I think I will reach out to him Monday... Any members live up around there and planning to come this way anytime soon?

neut

Members
Went to their web-site and if the altifrons are as nice as their photo, they look like nice fish.

Acpape0

Members
It's possible I have something but there's two potential issues.

1) Might not be what you're looking for-- but I have OH tapajos. Have an adult breeding pair I'm considering parting with. Nice pair, you can see them in my avatar and photo gallery. They've produced some very good looking offspring. In fact, some are so nice I'm thinking of keeping a group of the offspring and letting the parents go. I have juvie/sub-adults available from this pair, couple of the larger males are already exceptional for their size, highly colored and starting to act like they're looking for love. Haven't put a ruler to them but a number of these look to be in the neighborhood of 4 inches.

2) Distance. Looks like I'm 4.5-5 hours away from you, though we could arrange a meet.

Price for juvies probably something like $100 for 4, $120 for 6-- except that, as I said, a couple of the dominant males in this group are already highly colored and I'd want a little more for one of these (I'm definitely keeping one, maybe both of them, although these males are in different tanks and I expect another male would move up in status and color if I move one out). Plus something reasonable for gas to meet somewhere. The adult pair-- I'm not ready to post a price for them, but we can talk if you're interested.

No offense at all if they're not what you're looking for. Not in a hurry to move them... might advertise them in the near future-- just not sure yet if I'll to do it here or not-- or might let them grow a bit more and ask a little more for them...

Thank you very much for the offer and. If you were closer I have a feeling your awesome adult pair would end up in my tank... These altifrons are starting to become my white whale ... Lol
I will keep your stunning fish in mind if I can't get the altifrons.

Acpape0

Members
Went to their web-site and if the altifrons are as nice as their photo, they look like nice fish.

I know it has been love at first sight with these fish for me.... I have found small ones locally but that does me no good . I am pretty sure I will be making a road trip if he has enough in stock. I will email tonight

kevin911

Members
Cool ! I have red sevs as my mid level swimmer just in case you decide on another route.

Sent from my HTC One using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zifnab

Banned
Crazy what fish people will do for their next fix lmao. Glad i could point you in the right direction.