• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Need help with ID

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Got this beautiful guy from Adam before he converted the tank...
Really beautiful male. I have an idea as to what he is, but want to hear what everyone else has to say.

Good side picImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1406684278.315992.jpg

Then a few of the blaze
Changes from white to off white/yellowish sometimes
C4EA46B1-261F-4EBD-B7B9-CF2533848FFA.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
FF51017E-864D-4CC3-9509-8F393C2704C5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Let me know I can try to post more pics.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1406684278.315992.jpg

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Its a peacock, I was going to say Protomelas Steveni until I saw the second pic.

Maylandi and Kandeense are the only 2 peacocks with a forehead blaze that I know of. Maylandi is yellow, Kandeense is white, but it shouldn't be a combo of the both.

The tail makes me think it could be part Stuartgranti, but again, none of those fish have a blaze. I don't see any spots, so it shouldn't be any copadichromis. I won't say the H word, but that's what it looks like to me.

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Its a peacock, I was going to say Protomelas Steveni until I saw the second pic.

Maylandi and Kandeense are the only 2 peacocks with a forehead blaze that I know of. Maylandi is yellow, Kandeense is white, but it shouldn't be a combo of the both.

The tail makes me think it could be part Stuartgranti, but again, none of those fish have a blaze. I don't see any spots, so it shouldn't be any copadichromis. I won't say the H word, but that's what it looks like to me.

Kandeense was my guess, but looks like a hap some times...maybe more time in the 125 will make him comfortable to color up...

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Nah some have white. Ive seen them anywhere from white to orange to yellow.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Dan, that guy in the pick doesn't have the spotted pattern in the tail and anal fin. Maybe I can post a pic or video tonight, so you guys can see him a little better.
I'm stuck between kandeense or Undu Reef Copadichromis...lol either way I have to wait until he gets all his color in to know for sure.

Apache, its a hybrid its not a peacock they vary widely. Here's my opinion, any blue fish with a blaze that is obviously not any pure species is basically labeled as apache I've seen them in three stores some looked nothing alike only common traits were blue and blaze. This is a major grey area in reguards to hybrids. Look at dragon bloods I've seen orange, yellow, pink, red, white....huge array of colors and shapes, all drogon bloods. I'm by no means an expert but technically you can't have a hybrid of a hybrid so its fair game to "experiment ". That goes into a whole nother debate.

I honestly don't believe this fish is copadichromis or kandeense. I'm no definitive source but I've kept them and I just don't see it. I'm sure there's some others who have kept kandeense who can chime in.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I honestly don't believe this fish is copadichromis or kandeense. I'm no definitive source but I've kept them and I just don't see it. I'm sure there's some others who have kept kandeense who can chime in.

It can't be a pure kandeense, I've kept them, and they're dark blue with the white blaze, no yellow anywhere. Below is a pic from Dave's Rare Fish site, that's where I've obtained my fish in the past, because he's one of the few sources I trust.

Video wouldn't work for me, said it was moved or deleted.

kandeense.jpg