• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Hey Hey Hey!

Jwfinch

Members
Hope everyone is doing well.
Just joined but have snooped around for the past week or so..
I just bought my first house and of course first thing I think about is where am I going to set up tanks? Lol
I have bred guppy a for a long time and even dabbled in breeding Angels by accident.
Before moving I was in Elkridge and had one 55g, 29g, and five 10gs.
I now live in Taneytown about 15 mins north of West Minster in a nice size house. So as a early present to myself I bought a 125g on Black Friday.
I have had it cycling for a while and plan to stock it soon. I look forward to meeting everyone!

Leffler817

CCA Members
Welcome to the forum. What's going in the 125? You should try to attend one of our meetings. They resume the second week in January.

Jwfinch

Members
Welcome to the forum. What's going in the 125? You should try to attend one of our meetings. They resume the second week in January.

I am thinking about peacocks and haps.
Just getting into cichlids and feel like I have the space now.
I still work in the bwi area so I went to house of tropicals today before work and did some window shopping.
I still have not decided on the substrate I want either.

Leffler817

CCA Members
HOT is a great place. They sponsor CCA, therefore, all members get 10% off all livestock purchases.

I'm not sure what you currently use, but for substrate, PFS is the most cost friendly way to go. There is a natural sand colored PFS and Mystic White which is white.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Jwfinch

Members
I forgot to thank everyone for the welcomes. I planned to do it, but my messages do not show up right away and I did not want to post twice in a row. HOT has always been a place I can get lost in. My wife hates when I go there because I have to look at every fish. My favorite fish I got there has to be the all black cories.(I do not remember the name) Unfortunately I only have two left and I think both are male. Hopefully they will get some in soon.
I currently have different substrates in all my tanks. My favorite is by far the fluval shrimp substrate I have in 2 of my 10g plants go crazy in it, I also have a diy co2 system on them.

I will look into pool filter sand, any idea where to get it this time of the year?

Jwfinch

Members
I got pfs today. 2 50lbs bags. Thanks for the recommendation. Also stopped by Today's Pets in Elkridge today since I was in the area and picked up a few cichlids.